Labour attempts to misrepresent Mebyon Kernow

Topical debate

Labour attempts to misrepresent Mebyon Kernow

Postby Fulub-le-Breton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 pm

How should an election be fought? When a candidate knocks on your door do you want to hear facts or do you prefer good old mudslinging?

Of course nobody wants to stand on their doorstep and hear a long list of of facts and figures that are often of questionable origins and if you are unfortunately anything like me with a low attention span when someone starts quoting 'facts', you end up grinning like an an idiot nodding your head vigorously and hoping that you're not going to be asked any questions afterwards.

This gets more complicated when the candidate starts dropping hints and accusations about another candidate.I was contacted by a friend last week from Penzance who had a canvasser representing Tim Dwelly (Twitter) the Labour candidate for Penzance East knock at his door,during the brief conversation my friend mentioned that he was thinking of voting Mebyon Kernow but he hadn't made up his mind, he was then reliably informed by the Labour canvasser that MK were a right wing party with views closer to the EDL or BNP.

Now of course that is complete and utter nonsense and to be fair many candidates from all parties across Cornwall would complain of similar tricks by their rivals, in fact its probably one of the oldest political games ,but it does illustrate if a candidate can stand on your doorstep look you in the face and lie confidently about another candidate how do we know they won't be standing in the council chamber one day lying about the impact of a housing development or a cut in public services?

Political integrity does not start once a candidate is elected ,if a party or independents policies are strong enough they should not feel the need to resort to low tricks,most people want to hear a candidates policies and what makes them different to their rivals put as succinctly and honestly as possible.

Provided by Kernow Calling.

http://thecornishrepublican.blogspot.fr ... ebyon.html
Fulub-le-Breton

Re: Labour attempts to misrepresent Mebyon Kernow

Postby P_Trembath » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Unfortunately, it is just the sort of tactic that the Westminster parties are so used to using.

Lying that is.

Have you informed MK of this development?
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.
P_Trembath

Postby admin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am

Ah, Mr Dwelly. A staunch supporter of Tony Blair and the war in Iraq.

'nuff said...
admin
Site Admin

Postby zennorman2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

This may be ignorance rather than malice. I had a conversation with a lady recently who thought the same thing about MK until I put her straight .
zennorman2

Postby Stephen Richardson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Well if it's ignorance it doesn't say a lot for the quality of Labour candidates really - does it?
When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Stephen Richardson

Postby zennorman2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Isn't one of the other candidates Ruth Lewarne? I'd bee tempted to stay at home that day!
zennorman2

Postby TeamKernow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Labour Party Candidate Challenge - find one that doesn't erroneously imagine Cornwall to be 'in England'.

It's a rare one, if any, that doesn't - they tend to be full of 'Cornwall in England' Southwestregionspeak.

:idea: The 'Labour Cornwall' 'manifesto' :idea: - for what it's platitudes and token gestures may or may not be worth.

:idea: Some related earlier C24 discussion :idea:
TeamKernow

Postby zennorman2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Ha, ha! I saw my silly comment about 'logic' and 'Labour' having only 'l' in common and Marhak also pointed out the letter 'o'!
zennorman2

Postby Marhak » Wed May 08, 2013 7:43 pm

I wouldn't expect any other kind of conduct from Dwelly.
Marhak

Return to Cornwall24 Discussion Board