Der an gweder-mires gans Lewis Carroll

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall

Der an gweder-mires gans Lewis Carroll

Postby Jenny » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:49 pm

You can get this for the Kindle from Amazon. It's Alice through the Looking Glass in Cornish. Just search for 'der an gweder mires'. I got it a week ago and once I got into it I couldn't put it down. THe Cornish is just like the Cornish you learn in class (and I'm not talking about spelling!!). It's worth getting just for the translation of the Walrus and the Carpenter which is bryntin!
Jenny

Re: Der an gweder-mires gans Lewis Carroll

Postby Anselm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Marthys!
Yma pub fenten ow frosa a win!
Last edited by Anselm on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates
Anselm

Postby Jenny » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I've just discovered that you can get this as a paperback on Amazon. It's been published with Ray Edwards wonderful translation of Alice in Wonderland, so you get two books for the price of one. It's nice to see Ray's book properly published because my old copy is falling to pieces and as far as I can tell this new book has the original drawings in it so I'm going to get a copy even though I've already got Der An Gweder Mires on my kindle. I bet Ray would be pleased to see his Alice being made available again. I'll try to put an Amazon link in at the bottom but if that fails you can just search in Amazon for Der an Gweder Mires and it will find it. Ass ov vy lowen.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alys-Yn-Vro-Varthusyon-Gweder-Mires/dp/1908965096/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407511383&sr=1-1&keywords=der+an+gweder+mires
Jenny

Postby factotum » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Da yw gwelez boz Amazon paryz dhe werthe lyvrow Kerneweg y'n dydhyow-ma.
factotum

Postby Anselm » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 am

Pur dha yn-hwir!
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates
Anselm

Postby Anselm » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Yo! Ottomma seyttek kan rag ri sonow hweg dhe'th nosweyth y'n diwotti! Rann yw koth rann yw nowydh ha rann yw nowydh-flamm. Yma lies huni war don aswonnys hag es hy hana yth yw peub huni oll. Kymmyas Teg, Ow Bro, Tren ow Tremena ... ymons i omma yn kettep penn. Ha dhe dhiwedh an nosweyth, pandra a via gwell es Mora? Iskarga ty gwra – ny vydh demma dh'y dyli! Yeth an Werin Kardhydh – bagas a Gernewegoryon hedhyw hag avorow, yn-unn omgavoes Nos Veurth kynsa pub mis y'n Hogh Du, Lowarthow Sofia. Dynnargh dhe'gan mysk!
Gŵyl Peran hapus! Ar ddydd gŵyl cenedlaethol y Cernywiaid, dyma ddwy ar bymtheg o ganeuon hen a newydd i roi sain swynol i noson yn y dafarn. Mae llawer o'r caneuon hyn ar donau sy'n gyfarwydd mewn sawl gwlad, y lleddf a'r llon gyda'i gilydd, a rhyddid yn fyrdawn i bob un. Beth am islwytho nawr? Mae'r cyfan yn rhad ac am ddim! Yeth an Werin Kardydh – carfan o garedigion y Gernyweg sy'n cwrdd yn y Mochyn Du, Gerddi Soffia, nos Fawrth gyntaf bob mis. Croeso atom ni!

Happy Saint Peran's Day! On Cornwall's national day, here's a collection of seventeen songs to give some proper sounds to your evening in the pub. Some are old, some are new, and some are newer than new. Most are on well-known tunes, such as We Shall Overcome, with Farewell Shanty to finish. Download now – it's free! Yeth an Werin Kardydh – a group of lovers of the Cornish language, meeting on the first Tuesday of the month in the Mochyn Du, Sophia Gardens. You are more than welcome to join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2789068 ... 3/?fref=ts
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates
Anselm

Return to Cornish Language, Culture and History