Removal of the English Flag - St Austell

Topical debate
Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:39 am

Oho, so he's old enough to remember Dick Emery.

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 pm

marhak said:
Go to back to being Gary, chum. If it included personal details we should not be asking any more questions about the post.

Sherlock sit down Marhek is in town. I once appeared in an episode of the show. Filmed in ‘Chiswick house’ early 80’s.

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Mike said:
The BBC have strict views on publishing people's personal details on their site and the latest incident was quickly removed. The actual posting was done in malice, and was attempting to sully this board and the poster. What else would you expect from Gary?

Nothing to do with Mikel that’s two attacks on me now even though I have said nothing to him gloves can come off.

Right Schoolboy now let’s see what we can find. I wonder if he is one of the School children programmed by Joan at her secret Cornat labs. The Cornat terracotta army.

*****Sorry withdrawn. The lab rat can return his is a half-life*****

edited by: Gary, Sep 27, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Coady

Post by Coady » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:26 pm

I met Dick Emery once, at Tregenna Castle Hotel...thoroughly pleasant chap!

Had a nice, pretty, young lady with him..probably a neice or something! :-D
We live in interesting times!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:52 am

Wasn't Mandy, was it? Are you sure you saw the two of them together? Ooooh, you are awful but I like you . . .

I miss ole Dick Emery. I used to love his shows and characters: the vicar with the teeth; him and Roy Kinnear as the skinhead father and son. Great stuff. What have we got these days? Ricky Gervais. Does anyone really find him funny? Really? Damned if I do. The man can't even deliver a quick quip answer when interviewed. Compare that to, say, Billy Connolly on Parkinson where everyone is in stitches for the whole hour.

edited by: marhak, Sep 28, 2007 - 07:53 AM

Allister

Post by Allister » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:35 am

Ricky Gervais. Does anyone really find him funny? Really?

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer when interviewed and his stand-up isn't a gag-fest like many others, but his sitcoms and his writing is fantastic.

Joaniewillett

Post by Joaniewillett » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Gary said:
[quote=joaniewillett]Living near St Austell, its always nice to see the Cornish flag maintained on the conical sand burrow at the top of the hill near Penwithick, just before you can turn off to go to the Eden project.

However to my consternation the other day, driving past there was an English flag put on underneath it.

Passing it the following day though - and said offending item had totally disapeared!

:-D

Well done, whoever you are!

Last time I checked Exeter was England

http://www.eprofile.ex.ac.uk/portfolio.php?uid=jmaw202

and

http://www.eprofile.ex.ac.uk/portfolio. ... &section=2

Wow

Normally you need to be unbiased to do a study not a nasty little racist.
[/quote]

For the record, I have lived in Cornwall for all of my life, but am researching a PhD investigating Cornish identity, linkages with the economy, and who benefits from it. This is undertaken through Exeter University, and my department (politics) is being very supportive.

Through the course of my unbiased explorations into the issue, I am constantly formulating and reformulating opinions. The only bias I hold is a deep commitment to Cornwall, and a desire to understand (using identity) why it has been one of the poorest parts of Britain for so long.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Perhaps,joanie, you will find a place in your PhD to posteritise[size=tiny]©2007TK[/size] Gary and those of his ilk who appear compelled to practise a form of anglo-centric psychological annexation of Cornwall.

Do Engerlanders so determinedly and perversely seek to deny the Welsh and Scottish their sense of nationhood?

If not,why not?

And if not,why do they so strangely and determinedly seek to contradict and deny those native Cornish who seek to similarly free Cornwall from English imperialism and exploitation?

edited by: TeamKernow, Oct 01, 2007 - 04:51 PM