IS THIS HOW TO BE PRO-CORNISH?

Topical debate
Allister

Post by Allister » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:18 am

I have to agree with sentinal on these points. as long as you are honest in your arguments and can defend them with sound reasoning I see no problems. If you create false pretenses then you open yourself up to criticism.

Grum

Post by Grum » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:18 am

sentinel said:
On the Indigenous Cornish? thread Coady, who is a voluminous, and hence highly influential, contributor to the C24 site, was accused of pretending to be adding to debate in an objective way, but actually working to a fixed agenda. This type of person might be looked upon in some quarters as being a fifth columnist clandestinely working to damage the aims and objectives of pro-Cornish activists. If this is the case, it needs to be exposed.

By way of response, he claims to have changed his beliefs and opinions over the year he has been visiting the site. As this is a public forum, the public have a right to know not only if his numerous attacks on Cornish activists and activities are justified, but also whether ot not his latest [mitigating] claim stands up to examination.

So Coady, please indicate which of the following beliefs and opinions expressed by you throughout this last year have altered over the course of that same year?

HIS OWN WORDS.

THE PHILOSOPHY: “What you see as me 'disparaging and belittling my cultural background' is merely me challenging the accepted orthodoxies of some Cornwall24 participants, who to my mind tend sometimes toward being unable to see the wood for the trees. MUST I believe that the Cornish Tartan is valid and authentic? Am I wrong to have pointed out that the very language is reconstructed, and that it seems in the nature of Cornwall 'enthusiasts' to argue amongst themselves? I've never blandly and placidly accepted things other people say, just because they think I should.” Then later “To some, this has made me seem 'anti Cornish'...but questioning supposed ' evidence' and generally accepted 'facts' is second nature to me.”

FAIR ENOUGH, BUT HIS APPROACH DOES NOT APPEAR TO EXTEND TO QUESTIONING EVERY ASPECT OF ENGLISH HISTORY, EXAMINING THE ORIGINS OF ENGLISH CULTURAL TRADITIONS OR CHALLENGING ACCEPTED ENGLISH ORTHODOXIES:-

REGARDS THE STATE’S TREATMENT OF CORNWALL AND CORNISH ISSUES: “My favourite "Conspiracy Theory" is the one about Cornwall having been the target of a sustained conspiracy of persecution by England for the last thousand years or so.”

ON HIS FAITH IN THE STATE ACTING WITHIN THE LAW: “While real terrorists have a completely free hand to break any law, lie, deceive, kill, maim etc as they see fit, we expect "The Government", "Intelligence Services" "the Police" to work within strict parameters, tied to act within the law.”

ON ATTEMPTS TO HIGHLIGHT CORNISH DISTINCTIVENESS: “This 'language' has no more worth than Esperanto or Klingon, and is less useful than Latin or Greek. AND I am as Cornish as granite and furze, but I get twitchy when I see people in gorsedd 'frocks', "Cornish tartan', and choosing to exclude people by speaking 'Kernewek.' and calling people like me "Quislings" etc etc AND I might be prepared to give some of my time and effort, BUT the day some "Kernewek" spouting tartan wearing embittered extremist turns up and insults me..i'm off”

AND: “Oh Come on...we can say it...the Gorsedd is unrepresentative of Cornwall, and largely irrelevant.”

AND AGAIN: “In a Britain (United Kingdom, remember?) of some 60 million or so people, the few thousand that understand some Cornish, and the few hundred who are fluent don't actually carry much weight, and nor should they. Am I the only Cornish person who finds the whole thing embarrasing? I dont WANT my county associated with a bunch of Druid copycats, or by fake tartan wearing eccentrics gibbering in their fave version of some dead language.”

ON CALLS FOR THE CROWN TO APOLOGISE TO CORNWALL FOR THE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION CAUSED BY 1549: ” What a perverse view on history.”

ON THE APPOINTMENT OF AN ENGLISHMAN, DESCRIBED BY SOME AS CORNISH AND USED BY THEM TO DEMONSTRATE CORNWALL’S COMPLETE INTEGRATION INTO ENGLAND: “ Well done Mr Vickery!”

ON ANSARI SAYING CORNISH CULTURE SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM SCHOOLS BECAUSE IT IS DANGEROUS: “Does it matter? Believing that EXCESSIVE loyalty to cultural backgrounds, race, origin etc can lead to hatred and violence is a reasonable viewpoint. “

ON CORNWALL’S EARLY HISTORY: “I suppose you don't consider the Norman conquerors marching into Cornwall and taking over ownership of it as 'officially being made part of England' then. Bizarrely, everyone else it happened to thought it was a pretty strong clue that they were Norman England now!”

AND “The pre Norman English dominated Cornwall, the Normans did the same. England treated it as its own for centuies. Cornwall continued to be treated as part of England, usually, it seems with little complaint. That Cornwall was often identified as a distinct 'Entity' I do not dispute at all, but if from that anyone wishes to extrapolate that Cornwall was in any SIGNIFICANT way independent from England or English then they have a big hill to climb”.

WORD FOR WORD REPITITION OF ANGLO PROPAGANDA: “You bleat that there is no evidence that "Cornwall was part of England in 1337" Have you forgotten that King Athelstan of England defeated and subjugated Cornwall in the year 936? Look up the meaning of 'subjugated'Its the 'little details' like that, that you so often 'miss out' in your 'lectures' that makes your version of history seem more like a badly written Tolkien story. Marhak, there are many references to what Athelstan did, or didn't do. Your accurate version is the same as in Wikipedia, but there's more... after driving the Cornish out of Exeter and back into Cornwall in 936, (and was particularly vicious at exterminating the Cornish in Exeter,)and as you say 'defining the boundaries' as the Tamar, ( bit of a defeat wouldn't you say?) The Cornish again got restless, so a few years later, Athelstan marched the length of Cornwall unopposed, crossed to Scilly sorted them out, and marched back through. You bleat that there is no evidence that "Cornwall was part of England in 1337" Have you forgotten that King Athelstan of England defeated and subjugated Cornwall in the year 936? Look up the meaning of 'subjugated'Its the 'little details' like that, that you so often 'miss out' in your 'lectures' that makes your version of history seem more like a badly written Tolkien story. Marhak, there are many references to what Athelstan did, or didn't do. Your accurate version is the same as in Wikipedia, but there's more... after driving the Cornish out of Exeter and back into Cornwall in 936, (and was particularly vicious at exterminating the Cornish in Exeter,)and as you say 'defining the boundaries' as the Tamar, ( bit of a defeat wouldn't you say?) The Cornish again got restless, so a few years later, Athelstan marched the length of Cornwall unopposed, crossed to Scilly sorted them out, and marched back through.”

AS MOUTHPIECE FOR THE DUKE’s WEBSITE: “This is Cornwall (the "County") as a Duchy, from the Tamar to Lands End, the title for the geographical thing. The "Duchy of Cornwall ESTATE" is the business arm. Names are very similar, but actually two different things”

ON CORNWALL’S LATEST ROYAL DEPENDENT: “I rather LIKE Camilla Windsor. More appropriate to His Nibs and to Cornwall than the Duchess we had foisted on us before!”

ON THE STANNARY PARLIAMENTS ATTEMPTS TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THE STATE BRANDING CORNISH HERITAGE AS ENGLISH HERITAGE: “The 'sign kidnapping' fiasco, ...sad old gits nicking signs”

AND “The idea of a bunch of dopey middle aged nationalists, striking a blow for Cornwall by stealing a few signs tickled the funny bones of many of us, and really, no one (except them) took it seriously. In fact many true Cornish people thought it embarrasing to have these twits claiming to speak/act on behalf of Cornwall. Why should I waste time on the DETAILS of the silly trial of the dopey CSP sign nickers? My point, made more than once now was that they were daft, but funny, and ultimately damaging to Cornwall's image.”

ON CORNISH ORIGINS: “My other point, voiced before, was that there is nothing magical about the Celts, they were just one of the cultures that was, for a time, the dominant culture of Cornwall, not the first, not the last.”

WHEN THE CORNISH COMPLAIN ABOUT ENGLISH OPPRESSION, COADY STANDS UP FOR THE RIGHTS OF STONEAGE PEOPLE: “Are you sure that the Celts were the indigenous people of the British Isles? They, (or at least their culture) might have bee invaders who moved in on the Stone Age natives who had inhabited Britain after the last Ice age.”

AND: “I am very 'uncomfortable' with all this 'Celtic' business. Remember that there were natives in Cornwall and the rest of Britain for thousands of years BEFORE either Celts (or Celtic culture) came to Britain. "The Celts" were just another invading group or culture, not especially better or worse than any of the others, and I'm not really certain why some people seem to want to cling to ideas of 'Celticness'. I suspect that its all a bit 'romantic', and know that its historical basis is a bit 'hazy' and I'm not SURE that it will do the Cornish cause any good in the long term.”

ON CORNISH DIFFERENCE: “Also, probably to the disappointment of some on here, the results didn't show a clean break at the Tamar, and a couple of times referred to Cornwall AND Devon as being high in DNA references to early British..”

ON THE CORNISH ASSEMBLY: “Groan....Get REAL, The Assembly would be made up of the same old dears we have now!”

AND: “Let us in Cornwall cleave to one of the major parties, preferably the one which is going to be in power for a few years, so that our voices can be heard by people who CAN do what we ask!”

ON THE CORNISH ASSEMBLY PETITION: “Without wishing to detract from anything you both say, I DO wish people would be more careful about the "50,000" who signed a petition for a Cornish Assembly... even the dopiest person can do their sums and work out that that means 450,000 people DIDN'T sign the petition....people can and will draw obvious conclusions from that. "I" hear what you say, but an impartial person COULD say "50,000 FOR...450,000 AGAINST"...my point is that its not something to crow about TOO much.”

AND JUST TO HELP THE ‘PUB EXPERT’: “I can just hear the "Pub Expert" saying "only one in ten people signed up for it, just 10%"

ON SWERDA: “I think we have to consider that many, many people might actually be IN FAVOUR of SOME of the projects the SWRDA are pushing.”

ON THE BBC’S IDEA FOR ESTABLISHING A DEVON COUNTY FLAG TO RIVAL, AND DENUDE THE STATUS, OF THE CORNISH NATIONAL FLAG: “Well, I've had a good think. I don't think that Cornwall, having used the flag of St. Piran for quite some time now, can really complain about a neighbouring area going for something similar. Theirs may, or may not, stand the test of time. We'll just have to seeI don't think it's a rip off, but it could well have been INSPIRED by the simple yet effective Piran's flag.” AND “Let them have their flag with our blessing, it's different enough from ours, and "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".”

ON MEBYON CORNWALL: “Now then..."Mebyon Kernow"..."Sons of Cornwall" ....what a bad name for the 21st Century, reeking of men in suits and trilby hats, having meetings in the pre-television age in smoky back rooms of pubs and church halls!....55 years ago! A good name for then, but not now! You emphasise more than once that I am speaking from a personal perspective, BUT it's the perspective of a Cornish person with a fair education who lives in Cornwall yet doesnt support MK . There are tens of thousand like me, and more non Cornish, who ALL want a better deal for Cornwall, but are politically savvy and can see no appeal in MK or traditionalist politics.”

ON ENGLISH NATIONALIST CALLS TO ENGENDER ENGLISHNESS INTO SOCIETY: “and what does it matter to us if theres a holiday granted for St George's day.....Bring on as many holidays as possible!”

ON USE OF THE HISTORIC CORNISH WORD FOR CORNWALL: “Fair point Shaz, but on every world map that's what its called, and those amongst the thronging millions of world citizens that know or care about this part of the world, its most widely known by far as Cornwall. Its just few thousand or so romantics who insist on calling it Kernow. AND “Its simple, I am an English speaker, and the word for Kernow in my language is Cornwall.”

ON THE CORNISH LANGUAGE: “What invented language would that be, arthur? Do tell, I'm all ears? Oh Flamm..you know,.....that kernewek stuff......Nowhere near as much fun as Klingon!”

AND “Ha! If it was a REAL language we wouldn't need "very well respected linguists/language historians as chairmen and of Nicholas Wiliams who is the only professional Celtic linguist applying rigorous academic practices to the Cornish language." We'd just speak it!”

AND “I know my history, and know it well, but for me it is a means of looking forward, rather than to stand, stupefied, looking backwards and trying to speak a dead and irrelevant language. You are welcome to your opinions, and I am happy that you get a few thousand for your research and arguments, but I believe you will never get majority support. it's probably great fun, but please don't take it too seriously, and I hope you will not try to impose it upon me or my Cornish children.”

FINALLY: “I suggest if you ever get more funding for Cornish that it's paid in mine Tokens, which are like the language, quaint, but obsolete, and of no real use.”

ON LANGUAGE FUNDING: “Its strange to think that there are more Chinese Speakers and Polish speakers in Cornwall than Cornish speakers. It brings home the reality of how few fluent Cornish speakers there are.”

ON THE ABSENCE OF CORNISH HISTORY IN SCOOLS: “I was taught about Cornish history in school, and my children have too, and by teachers of English origin, who sometimes seem keener on it than local born teachers!... all this in Hayle, Penzance, and St Just.” And “I actually WAS taught about the Cornish rebellions in school, and the information is freely available..whats the big issue? Is it that perhaps it isnt being taught with any bias?...or perhaps it isnt being used to instil a sense of injustice.”

AND: “I don't think our HISTORY has been erased , I thought that was pretty well recorded”

ON CORNISH PEOPLE WHO STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS: “Who is to say that the "Kernow Taliban" Types are right, and that the more moderate, but deeply loyal and committed Cornish people are wrong??”

ON THOSE WHO DIED FOR THE CAUSE: “Why this fixation on two failed rebellions five hundred years ago? We were well thrashed, and the leaders were executed..hardly glorious, is it? When I WAS TAUGHT IT IN SCHOOL I felt embarrased that my ancestors had been so daft as to get led to their doom against a clearly more advanced organisation and army by some puffed up rabble rousers...how stupid was that?”

STILL DOING IT TODAY: Even his most latest post undermines Cornish distinctiveness. COADY: “What happened to Glasney College was not particular to Cornwall or Cornish issues.” So, according to Coady, Devon, Somerset, Essex, East Anglia, Hampshire etc all had colleges which acted as focal points for their own language and culture.

ON THOSE WHO SAY THAT HE IS DUPLICITOUS: “Someone puts a critical viewpoint and the Kernewek Taliban are down his/her throat like shitehawks after chips!”

ON HOW TO CONDUCT ONESELF DURING DEBATE: “I still live in the real world, where people are NOT backward or inward looking, they generally do not have any time for the XXXXXX brand of navel gazing or masturbatory self indulgent introspection and XXXXXXX…. you snivelling crawling toady!”

ON PRESENTATION: A couple of days ago Coady said “When anyone in the world searches "Cornwall" on, say, Google, one of your posts may crop up...is that really the International promotion that Cornish interests need?”

AND BECAUSE I DREW ATTENTION TO COADY ATTACKING THE CORNISH INTERESTS: “You are the worst sort of bad news, and all regular users here can see it. You are a boil on the fundament of everything Cornish.”

ON GUIDANCE TO OTHER FORUM USERS: “Mike, Impartial people read this forum, with open minds, prepared to be informed. All posters OUGHT to keep that in mind....”

No doubt I am not the only one awaiting a response.

In the meantime, still feel justified in flying that flag beside each entry you make?

We live in interesting times.

Is that^^^ how to be pro-cornish?

Horse whispering yields better results than breaking them, with much a better public image.

Coady

Post by Coady » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:37 am

Well! Good work by Sentinel, that must have taken ages.

The subject where I have changed my opinions most is the Cornish Language, where I have an increased belief in its usefulness and value.

My comments on Mebyon Kernow were to suggest updates to its name and style to appeal more directly to all the people in Cornwall, and should be read in full on the original thread.

Sentinel has quoted me accurately in many cases, but I note the quotes where I am being 'nasty' were during part of an ongoing war of words with either Sentinel or Hunlef, and THEIR invective is not quoted.

Sentinel and Hunlef, so similar in style, content, and mutual support as to seem almost like one person at times, have rarely wasted an oppurtunity for personal attack on me over the last year.

Predictably (and typically,) Sentinel has only attempted to highlight, out of context, the bits of my PAST posts that he/she feels MIGHT discredit me.

Nonetheless, I STAND BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE ABOVE and urge anyone interested to refer back to the actual posts to read them in full context

Those were my views on the dates posted posted, honestly held, and on the historical topics, widely researched.

(I wonder how many of our 'non-contributing' members and guests read Sentinel's 'summary' and found themselves in general agreement with my views and assertions?)

This whole topic, rather than a debate on Cornwall or Cornish issues, is purely about the posts of one member-- me. I suppose I should be flattered, but I SUSPECT IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT IT COMES NOW.

Sentinel accuses me of 'hiding behind false premises'.. Unlike Sentinel and Hunlef, I hide behind nothing. My username "Coady" is the nickname I have had for years, and by which I am widely known. I am registered on this site under my real name and real email address.
Some members and guests of Cornwall24 already know who I am, and anyone else is welcome to know that I am Graham Coad, from Hayle.

SINCE making the posts referred to, I have been nominated as a candidate for the May 3rd local Elections, and am standing for election as a councillor for Hayle Town Council as an Independent.

I am not a member of any political party, and never have been, nor am I a member of, or connected with any "societies or associations"

I am standing because I have time and experience to share and offer to the community of Hayle, my home town.

Because I am a candidate, and this is an official 'election time' up to and including 3rd May, what I now say and publish comes under the Representation of the People Act (RPA) so I am more or less constrained as to what I can post for a while, and obviously limited in how I can respond to attacks on here. I hope that doesn't put Chris and Cornwall24 in any awkward position.

The RPA requires that any candidate needs to state the publisher and promoter of communications concerning the election, other candidates or parties, so I take the step that few on here would consider, by adding my full details.......

Published and promoted by Graham Coad, 4 Springfield Close, Phillack, Hayle, TR27 5AH

We live in interesting times!

Hunlef

Post by Hunlef » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:16 am

As I seem to have been the subject of a great deal of Graham Coad bitterness and invective, I feel that I can emphasise that Sentinel's posting accurately reflected the opinions of this person over the past few months.

This was not a personal 'attack' - it was merely a reiteration of the reality of Coad's backward opinions! For one who claims to be as 'Cornish as granite', I will not be the only person to be surprised by the gross inconsistency of his ramblings.

How convenient that this person now claims immunity from further comment on the grounds that he is standing for election!

I hope the good people of Hayle do not get taken in by this person's pious, but weasel, words and refrain from giving him the opportunity to sit on the Hayle Town Council!

You, Coad, are a disgrace to Cornish Independents and would be better suited standing for any of the more right wing and largely anti-Cornish political groupings.

Coady

Post by Coady » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:25 am

I am not bitter, nor do I recall using much in the way of invective recently.

I claim no immunity from further comment Hunlef, merely that I need to be mindful of the law contained in the Representation of the People Act, and the requirement that I publish my full name and address on anything that COULD be construed to concern the elections.

I may, or may not get elected, that's up to the people of Hayle, what IS important though, is that people all across Cornwall take notice of the elections in THEIR area, and actually get out and vote for the candidate(s) that best match their own views and wishes.

People who use this site can check back on all I've said over the last year, and view it all in context. That will also allow them to decide whether it is me, or others that seem bitter and use 'invective'.

Published and promoted by Graham Coad, 4 Springfield Close, Phillack, Hayle, TR27 5AH

edited by: Coady, Apr 18, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Graham Coad will get elected because, unfortunately, people who hold his sort of views, and conduct themselves as he does, are prime local council material.

NEVERTHELESS, WATCH OUT FOR HIS ELECTION LEAFLET

If he stands as an Independent he is committing a deception because he has urged people on C24 to vote for representatives of mainstream political parties.

If the leaflet says anything about him being proud to be Cornish, its fraudulent.

It would also be fraudulent if it offered any support for a Cornish Assembly.

It would be a deception not to mention his support for SWERDA.

To be true to his beliefs it should also show his aversion to Cornish history and his support for Ansari’s stance on keeping Cornish history out of schools.

It should also reveal his enthusiasm to make St Georges Day a holiday and his affection for hunting.

The leaflet should also reveal his loathing of the French and his willingness to deploy, on a public platform, false and misleading material to score political points.

If he gets elected on this platform, which he probably would, at least voters knew beforehand what they were voting in, and he could not be accused of being duplicitous.

We live in very sad times.

Johnheyl

Post by Johnheyl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Sentinel

Graham Coad will get elected because, unfortunately, people who hold his sort of views, and conduct themselves as he does, are prime local council material.

Wrong. He'll get elected, as he quite rightly states, if the the people of Hayle vote him in.I'm pretty sure Hayle folk can make up their own minds as to who to vote for,and belittling of you to think otherwise.

Ahwmay

Post by Ahwmay » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:33 pm

The surprising thing is there will actually be an election for the ward Coady is standing for. North Hayle has 10 candidates for 7 positions.

Usually in Council elections nowadays there's so little interest that it doesn't even go to vote, as in the case of Sout Hayle and East Hayle.

Possibly due to the lack of faith people have in local governments ability to achieve anything due to the menagerie of government organisation and agencies that seem to have sapped all the power away from local councils.

I personally would not support Coad, as although his attitude of challenging the established view, as seen on this forums, is occassionally favourable, the contradictions in Coady's character expressed by Sentinels posts appear overwhelming.

Anyway, C24 eagerly awaits the results! ;-)

edited by: ahwmay, Apr 18, 2007 - 10:35 PM

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:16 pm

I personally think Graham really tries to have an open mind. However he is typical of so many People in Cornwall in that he finds it very difficult to break the chains that bind him. Everyone is different, some like me find it easy to break away from Generations of Brainwashing, the majority however do not. In the above Postings I see exactly what the Establishment WOULD say, Graham is just a Product of that. I think that Nationalists should not condemn him, but try to understand instead, for he is exactly what we are trying to battle against in our struggle. If we can win over Graham and Fancy as well, we know we are on the right track. I do not agree with Graham or his views, his Historical Postings are far from the Truth, for they come from the English Version of History, and we all know how unreliable that is. I think we should read between the lines in his Postings, for I see a basically honest Man in Graham, just one that is walking the wrong Path IMO. I do not agree with all the attacks on him, even though I have thrown some his way myself. Like has been said, we all fight our own corner and attack sometimes when we feel our beliefs are being ridiculed, that is Human Nature. I hope that in future we can argue without so much abuse.
Fancy, one here for you. My last posting was about your hypocrisy. You are as guilty as anyone for attacking other peoples views that YOU do not agree with. You can't have it all your way.

Hunlef

Post by Hunlef » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Forthcoming council election, "Independent" candidate, Graham Coad said:

“I know my history, and know it well, but for me it is a means of looking forward, rather than to stand, stupefied, looking backwards and trying to speak a dead and irrelevant language. You are welcome to your opinions, and I am happy that you get a few thousand for your research and arguments, but I believe you will never get majority support. it's probably great fun, but please don't take it too seriously, and I hope you will not try to impose it upon me or my Cornish children.”

Just one little gem from a man who is supposedly as 'Cornish as granite and furze'!

Surely, Angofbew, this quip in itself should convince you that Coad's viewpoints are anything but supportive of Cornish culture?

If not, then perhaps, the next pearl of wisdom will do the trick:

"I felt embarrased that my ancestors had been so daft as to get led to their doom against a clearly more advanced organisation and army by some puffed up rabble rousers...how stupid was that?”

I can assure you that these are the opinions (honestly held, no doubt) of one who does not have an 'open mind' about the Cornish!

Grum

Post by Grum » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:45 am

Hooray for character assassination!

Booooo for democratic election!

Good luck Coady :-D

Hunlef

Post by Hunlef » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:39 am

grum said:
Hooray for character assassination!

Booooo for democratic election!

Especially when the poor 'victim' assasinates himself!

Voters of Hayle, be aware of hypocrits in the forthcoming town council election!

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:58 pm

reveal his loathing of the French

You have condemned yourself coady, your xenophobia, racism if the French are a race, makes you unfit for office. Did someone’s French identity ever affect your judgment as a police officer? Do you think someone who has an irrational dislike of an entire nation is fit for police service or political office? If so why?

If you had said those things in from of my partner and the mother of my child I'd have been tempted to send you home with your teeth in your hands.

Coady

Post by Coady » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Noted, FLB... If you read carefully ONE of my replies, you might notice I mention our tete a tete re La France, and my statement that I regretted it.

Graham.