Truro Football stadium plans approved

Topical debate
Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes I agree with you they should, still doesn't mean that all things English are bad and that the English are fascists
DTresaw came on here to discuss Truros footballing aspirations and you’ve well you’ve just been your ever so pleasant self towards him.

And for the second time, as you seem to have gender issues, can you tell the difference? I’m a bloke.

DTresaw

Post by DTresaw » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks Fancyabrew, I do fully understand Hunslef's passion and agree with most of his points, but I'm not sure I needed to be flamed for putting a point of view across.

Hope Argyle have a good season coming up, i'm sure it may become a topic over the coming months.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 pm

"DTresaw came on here to discuss Truros footballing aspirations and you’ve well you’ve just been your ever so pleasant self towards him."

Although I'm not into soccer well said fancybrew and welcome DTresaw!

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Cornwall's Green Spaces Continue To Breathe A Sigh Of Relief.

!RYDDHE KERNOW!

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 pm

TYCOONERY TALES - THE MAN FROM MONACO - LAST WEEK'S NEWS.

'LIQUIDATION: Truro tycoon face to face with Cornish Homes creditors

Friday, October 10, 2008, 18:37

Angry local businessmen confronted football tycoon Kevin Heaney as he was forced to come face to face with his creditors over his failed house-building firm.

The heated exchanges came at the liquidation meeting regarding the Truro City Football Club owner’s company Cornish Homes (UK) Ltd in Exeter today.

The official report by liquidators The Kelmanson Partnership identified 162 businesses and individuals owed money by the company when it folded. A further four were listed as creditors but owed ‘nil’.

Mr Heaney, reported to be worth £145 million in the Sunday Times Rich List, told the meeting he had done nothing illegal and was hurt by the firm’s failure, which he blamed on the credit crunch.

One of the few creditors who attended, Derek Giles, whose Helston-based construction company DA Giles was owed £38,222 for work at Truro City’s grounds, said: "I’m pretty fed up really.

"Our debt was not with Cornish Homes but Truro City Football Club.

"We were told to invoice Cornish Homes and subsequently it’s not being paid."

Mr Giles also said he feared he would have to let staff go due to the debt.

John Kelmanson, who is handling the liquidation investigation, said after the hearing: "It was a long and heated meeting where concerns were expressed by creditors represented which will be forming part of my investigation into the affairs of the company as the duly appointed liquidator.

"The company has gone into voluntary liquidation and will not trade under that name again.

"There are connections to his other companies within the group that have become apparent today which it may be necessary to include in the investigative function." '

No Reserves?

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Man From Monaco - Atit Again.

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 pm

TK, did you get to read the first comment on that TIC page before it was removed?

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm

No,Shiner.

But no doubt many others are busy testing the parameters of what the Northcliffe Media Monopoly hyperoverdevelopers crony club define as 'potentially libellous'.

Apparently comments posted outside office hours appear in the morning after clearance. Comments cleared within office hours may appear shortly after posting.

Numerous lively and vibrant comments were disappeared from this thread:

Liquidation.

with this explanation/excuse:

'Note: We have disabled the comment facility as we will not permit responses of a personal nature against any individual. Unfortunately, this option was being abused.'

However, there are some other threads with intact interesting and kernowledgable comments such as these:

Carrick Compromised

Concreter Closure.

Phew! What A Scorcher!

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Care to have a go...?

Today's News: Man From Monaco - Atit Again.

edited by: TeamKernow, Jan 07, 2009 - 10:22 PM

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Heard today from inside source that he'd done a runner with his new Russian Mrs (money pit) and abandonned his old Mrs and kids in Truro. Rumour has it, he's annoyed at havin' lost ten mil and a few places in the UK Rich List...

Post by Karma » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm

There was nothing potentially libellous about any of the comments that I saw. They were all, quite rightly, highlighting the fact that a man who is the sole director of a company in liquidation, and which has gone into liquidation owing a large number of small businesses very small amounts of money (like £50 to a windowcleaner) should not be in a position to find £150,000 to buy planning consent for a new development on land owned by the same company. What the paper appears to have taken exception to is the suggestion of Heaney having asset stripped Cornish Homes and stashed the money abroad. The phrase used was 'offshore trousers', an allusion to Mr Heaney's frequent boast of 'having deeper pockets than anybody else.

This rumour about Heaney and Russian missus II reported by Rosko is probably more to do with him needing to lay his hands on his offshore trousers before next Wednesday rather than him not being able to keep his trousers on. Even so, it certainly wouldn't be the first time he'd traded in one family for another as part of reinventing himself. Or even the second.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 am

Oops!

The Man From Monaco's website
-www.cornishhomes.co.uk -
has been shut down:
Google Search Result.

Konkreter's Karma,Karma...

edited by: TeamKernow, Jan 09, 2009 - 12:21 AM

Konna-gwynnessa

Post by Konna-gwynnessa » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:57 pm

The Kornish Homes website may have shut down, but Shameless Heaney, the swaggering Kammfydhwesyon himself, looks in the process of reinventing himself as The Heaney Group with a whole rash of new domain registrations replacing those of the discredited Kornish Homes. New football strip, anybody?

Masterclass

Post by Masterclass » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 pm

In fairness, TK, the website itself,would get the letter from the solictors about libellous comments, so it makes good sense to avoid exposing onesself to them.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Last edited by TeamKernow on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.