The Smoking Ban - An Unmitigated Disaster.

Topical debate
Moonshine

Post by Moonshine » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Dear Auntie Celtic Warrior.

My partner smokes sometimes but I don't smoke often, I like beer sometimes, we live in a pub toilet can you advice us where to stand in public places please?

confused of Kernow.
thanxx xx big luv

edited by: moonshine, Apr 18, 2008 - 09:54 PM

Moonshine

Post by Moonshine » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 pm

I AM PISSED OFF WITH THE SMELL OF FARTS ! ! ! It is utterly digusting. This happens at around 75% of my gigs. Prior to the ban these smells were neutralised by ciggarette smoke.

Farting in public will be outlawed by 2018, it is already in the Bilderberg's EU plans to follow the £520 carbon (life) tax, due out soon.

After 2018 you'll be required to bottle them at home (only) and leave them out each fortnight in the brown box. An allowance of the "three trumps and your out" type will be permitted in Indian restaurants at the weekend for a small additional guff duty.

Don't say Moonie never warned you.

Celticwarrior

Post by Celticwarrior » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

moonshine said:
Dear Auntie Celtic Warrior.

My partner smokes sometimes but I don't smoke often, I like beer sometimes, we live in a pub toilet can you advice us where to stand in public places please?

confused of Kernow.
thanxx xx big luvedited by: moonshine, Apr 18, 2008 - 09:54 PM

easy..
finish with your girlfriend and stop drinking beer! don't move out of the pub toilet though because you probably wont be able to buy a house of your own and renting is extortionate!
hope that helps

aunty

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm

TheMagicRobot said:
The trouble with smoking is that although it is immensely pleasurable,it does tend to give you a little bit of cancer.And heart disease.Therefore,of course people should be encouraged to stop,or dissuaded from starting.But I think the main problem here is choice.I don't want to breath others smoke in a pub,but I don't think I've the right to deny others the pleasure of a fag with their pint either,so simply provide two rooms.Seems obvious to me.
There IS the problem of protecting bar staff,but this could be easily solved.Either,serve food and drink only in the non-smoking room,then let the smokers take their drink next door,or,more expensively,fit adequate extraction in smoking areas.
Just give people the choice.

It's as simple as that . Logic, Compassion, Common Sense.

I agree with most of your posts Celtic Warrior as you are a pasionate Cornishman, but on this issue your lack of concern ans selfishness is sad indeed.

Magic Robot is spot on.

Just for the record, another fart night last night. Utterly disgusting . As from now on, I 'm taking an air freshener. When it next happens, I will use it and show up the culprit if I can. I can't think of any other way to make a stand.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:26 pm

I want mobile phones banned from pubs and public places. Bloody things. Antisocial and intensely irritating. And the way the damn things have taken over people's lives is frightening. You start to wonder what subliminal messages are being pumped into people through them (I wouldn't put anything past this government).

What harmful radiation am I picking up through being next to people in the pub who forever have the things plastered to their ear'oles, or are twiddling away with them (they'll wonder why they have arthritis of the thumbs within a few years - twiddler's thumb - a bit like w**ker's doom).

I'm delighted to say that I don't own one and don't want one, unlike the rest of the sheep.

Graham, you have a thankless task - women are renowned for being expert at the silent but deadly. How do you identify who blew it? Does litmus paper work?

edited by: marhak, Apr 19, 2008 - 09:30 PM

TheMagicRobot

Post by TheMagicRobot » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Two points.The thing I don't like about mobile phones(other than people shouting down the bloody things in public)is the fact that,if you own one,your movements can be tracked quite easily by "Big Brother"I belive.Regarding farting,I work as a welder and have to wear a motorized filter on a belt which sits just above my arse.When I let rip,it gets sucked in and blown up the pipe into my welding mask.
You think you've got problems :-O

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:33 am

Graham, you have a thankless task - women are renowned for being expert at the silent but deadly. How do you identify who blew it? Does litmus paper work?

:lol:

I'm just going to 'freshen up' my area Marhak, that's all. If someone get's embarrassed that's tough. :-)

Regarding farting,I work as a welder and have to wear a motorized filter on a belt which sits just above my arse.When I let rip,it gets sucked in and blown up the pipe into my welding mask.
You think you've got problems

:-D It seems so, but at least your in control ! :-)

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:46 am

The great blow-back! Saw it happen once to someone who tried to set light to his own. Big flash, anguished squeal and a smell of burning hair! Talk about "Ring of Fire"!

TheMagicRobot

Post by TheMagicRobot » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 am

Graham,I've found the solution to your problem!http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcAD48Ye ... re=related

DO NOT watch if easily offended!!! :lol:

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:58 pm

:-D :-D :-D I love it ! :-D :-D :-D

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:59 pm

GrahamHart said:
:-D :-D :-D I love it ! :-D :-D :-D

I'm surprised you didn't phone up Mr. Reed this afternoon, he was asking for the opinions of entertainers re the smoking ban.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 pm

I would have if I knew Paddy.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:52 pm

GrahamHart said:
I would have if I knew Paddy.

Unfortunately, I was out and about, otherwise I would have given you a bell.

I was looking forward to you commenting about the dyspeptic problems of public house clientele. :lol:
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:35 am

Seriously, I'll give him a ring on Monday morning and try and get on.....have funeral at 1030, so have to be up !

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:59 am

As this particular infringement of our human rights continues, apart from closing Pubs by the bucket load, people cathing chills for having to leave a warm room for the cold outside [ I' ve only been a victim of this four times ], Women feeling insecure walking through a crowd of people when out shoping etc, one has popped up that I never saw coming:

People taking up smoking so they can continue their conversation ! :-?
I know of two who have done this.

Happy days ! :-(