BBC Radio Cornwall's Graham Smith's blog coldly ignores Mebyon Kernow candidate

Topical debate
Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:59 am

..while blatantly giving publicity to extreme right party!!  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gra....._what.html

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:48 pm

I think that is frankly shocking, I don't understand why he is allowed to do that. I am pretty sure that the BBC is supposed to be politically neutral, I mean if the guy wants to openly promote the BNP and ignore MK I hink he should do so on his own time and not with licence payers money. I personally think MK should complain about the fact that the BBC is intent on pretending they do not exist.

Oh and did anyone notice who the BNP are fielding in North Cornwall

On a lighter note did anyone notice Graham Smith's other blog fail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gra.....ching.html
Supporting the BNP and arguing for less elected representatives does this guy not believe in democracy?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm

No, who are the BNP fielding in North Cornwall?

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

marhak said:

No, who are the BNP fielding in North Cornwall?

Sue Bowen

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/g.....nwallnorth

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm

UK Polling Report - North Cornwall Candidates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am

Oh, dear.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm

simmo said:

I think that is frankly shocking, I don't understand why he is allowed to do that. I am pretty sure that the BBC is supposed to be politically neutral, I mean if the guy wants to openly promote the BNP and ignore MK I hink he should do so on his own time and not with licence payers money. I personally think MK should complain about the fact that the BBC is intent on pretending they do not exist.

Oh and did anyone notice who the BNP are fielding in North Cornwall

On a lighter note did anyone notice Graham Smith's other blog fail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gra.....ching.html

Supporting the BNP and arguing for less elected representatives does this guy not believe in democracy?

Just a suggestion, recognising it's allegedly a free country, I purposefully didn't write the name of the party as the more it's name appears the more likely to be picked up by search engines. Unfortunately there's no such thing as bad publicity - these extreme right loonies seem to thrive on 'bad or good press' and the BBC seems to give them all the publicity they want.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 pm

I just looked at Radio Cornwall's website to see if I could get any background on Graham Smith - where's he from?  How long has he been in Cornwall?  That sort of thing.  I couldn't find a single mention of him apart from the fact he has this suspicious blog.

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Porthia1947 said:

Just a suggestion, recognising it's allegedly a free country, I purposefully didn't write the name of the party as the more it's name appears the more likely to be picked up by search engines. Unfortunately there's no such thing as bad publicity - these extreme right loonies seem to thrive on 'bad or good press' and the BBC seems to give them all the publicity they want.

Good point could'nt agree with you more. Perhaps if we ignore them they will go away.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:17 pm

marhak said:

I just looked at Radio Cornwall's website to see if I could get any background on Graham Smith – where's he from?  How long has he been in Cornwall?  That sort of thing.  I couldn't find a single mention of him apart from the fact he has this suspicious blog.

You're right there, marhak. For a BBClone Graham Smith is distinctly profile-lite.

This might help:

HERE are two recent Graham Smith interviews – one with Cornwall Council's Masonic Leader and one with his EIS Puppeteer.

HERE is a concerning exsanguinating *** climb on the back of Kernewek.

truru

Post by truru » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 am

"Gordhewer da ollen whe. Dynergh a scoren Kernow dhe Parti breizhoneg genedhelek." – that is terrible Cornish.

"Breizhoneg" isn't even Cornish, it's Breton!

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

simmo said:

Good point could'nt agree with you more. Perhaps if we ignore them they will go away.

Unfortunately they won't go away and need to be challenged at every opportunity, but personally I won't help the nasty leaders of this English supremacist party publicise their outfit even if G Smith and the BBC go out of their way to do it.

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:08 pm

truru said:

"Gordhewer da ollen whe. Dynergh a scoren Kernow dhe Parti breizhoneg genedhelek." – that is terrible Cornish.

"Breizhoneg" isn't even Cornish, it's Breton!

Yeah and surely Breizhoneg means Breton! did'nt know there was a Breton nationalist party in Cornwall.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:47 am

Natural "England" tried this on with their disastrous HEATH Project, using the (allegedly) Cornish slogan:

Ow Taswul Ros an Avor – Restoring the Sea of Heather

Really?  The only translation I can give that is: Remaking promontory/hillspur/roughland of the ?

Ow Taswul means to remake, not restore in the sense that is meant here.  Owth Astevery might have been better.

Ros does not mean heather (nor does it mean 'heath', as often stated) but promontory, coastal slope, hillspur, isolated patch of roughland, uncultivated valleyside.  Place names with Ros- can only be properly translated once the site is examined to see whch meaning fits.  Grug (coll.pl.) is heather (if of the Erica, Calluna, Daboecia species).  Calluna vulgaris is: menkek, pl. menkegow.  Bell heather (Erica cinerea) is: grug los.

Avor – what is this?  An attempt at "sea" (mor)?  The nearest word in Cornish to this is: arvor (coast), which would not add any sense to their slogan.

Who gave them this garbage?

Seaforth

Post by Seaforth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Porthia1947 said:

..while blatantly giving publicity to extreme right party!!  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gra....._what.html

Extreme times require extreme measures. Sue Bowen has my full support.

*thumbs up*