The Fat Cat of Cornwall

Topical debate
Marhak

The Fat Cat of Cornwall

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:16 am

Kevin Lavery is to have his salary increased from about £200,000 to £238,000. That's £100,000 more than the Prime Minister gets. This at a time when Cornwall Council is looking to cut £110 million.

Lavery, of course, is poised to hand 2,000 P45s to resident Cornish council staff, thereby adding hugely to Cornwall's unemployment list and social misery. But, at the same time that his salary soars (and remember that he still doesn't live here), he's also looking to spend £8 million on refurbishing offices!

Mark Kaczmarek suggests the increase is, in part, due to Lavery's duties as Election Returning Officer. Not bad pay for one day's work, is it?

Hands up all those who find this unacceptably obscene.

carrek

Re: The Fat Cat of Cornwall

Post by carrek » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

Perhaps he needs the money to hire more servants to polish his golden throne

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Is that the one with the golden seat and the golden chain? Next to the basin with the golden taps?

Captain Black

Post by Captain Black » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Why the Hell is one man worth so much money to the English??????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I won't even give you three guesses on that one, Cap'n.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Marhak wrote: Mark Kaczmarek suggests the increase is, in part, due to Lavery's duties as Election Returning Officer. Not bad pay for one day's work, is it?
I was told he did that for free and was therefore under no obligation to release information under the FOI act when requested.

What really amuses me though is the way so called intelligent people continually get sucked in by these puppet politicians.
Roll on evolution.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Revolution, you mean.. I'll bet that Myhal Josef an Gof and Humphrey Arundell are doing several of those a minute in their graves. Is THIS what they fought and died for?

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

'Fraid so Craig. :cry:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:21 pm

It ain't all one way, though, Graham. Take a look at the new thread I've put up this evening: Save Penwith Moors and Natural "England" - The Tide Turns. (Yes, we've been fairly quiet as far as the public is concerned. In reality we've been working our balls off and never letting up for a minute. Now will we now, because, as the Parliamentary Ombudsman has instructed, what NE do now must be to OUR satisfaction. And it bloody will be!)

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 pm

War was truly declared when Natural "England" official Steve Clarke referred to Save Penwith Moors, in a written report (which we have), as "the noisy natives". They are beginning to learn that, when you pick a fight with a Cornishman, he never, ever gives in, and never, ever, lets go.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm

The truth is, Graham, that we've hurt them. We've hurt them badly. They couldn't care less when they deliberately and knowingly broke laws to get their way. They regretted it. The, we applied for a massive sheaf of stuff under FoI - they packed it off so hurriedly that they forgot to edit out personal and banking details of members of their own staff, and those of members of the European funders as well! Of course we just had to contact each and every one and tell 'em so. Light blue touch paper and stand well back. There's a full-blown investigation going on. Now, they've shifted people about, pushed some aside, and appointed a new regional manager, an Irishman whom we've met and taken out on the moors to view the desicration. We haven't finished yet. Far from it.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:18 pm

I agree we have have our successes and I would never question your commitment Craig. It's a brilliant victory for the Save Penwith Moors group and a shining light to what can be achieved with positive action and a stern resolve.

But at CC level what the f*ck is going on ? This man Lavery tells bare faced lies, get's away with it ,then gets a pay rise ! He's laughing at us and our councillors seem to let this go unchallenged. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 pm

It isn't a victory yet, we have to be realistic about that. You never know what these EIS quangos will do, but the boot is firmly on our foot now.

Re: Lavery - it's an obscenity. He's about to present two thousand full-time Cornish residents with their P45s and, what makes it worse is that people on the Council - who used to be good Cornishmen - are making excuses for him and rejecting them. Don't forget - he's still (allegedly) in thick with Serco, which has a finger in all too many Cornish pies.

HaroldHake

Post by HaroldHake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Surely this is an excellent example of the Condem's Social Mobility progamme?

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Last edited by TeamKernow on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.