PM Has Cornish Daughter!

Topical debate
Trengilly

Re: PM Has Cornish Daughter!

Post by Trengilly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 am

Marhak, any chance of EVER lightening up? A child has been born, with all the happiness that she brings...

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 am

I would like to add my congratulations to The Prime Minister and his family and welcome their baby daughter to the world.
Like Mr Cameron I found the facilities were excellent and above all the staff very friendly and confident at Treliske when our beautiful daughter was born .

mockinbird

Post by mockinbird » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 am

Thank you for those last two posts. I was beginning to doubt Cornish generosity of spirit; the ONLY point here is the birth of a new baby to a couple who lost a very sick child just a little while ago.

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:20 pm

how about loveday as a name. I think just the fact that the PM has mentioned having a Cornish name does say something about his views on the Duchy. He wouldn't have said anything of the sort if the baby was born in any other bit of England, might have done if it was in Wales or Scotland.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Fancyabrew wrote: ...in any other bit of England...
???

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Trengilly - children are born every day. Hundreds of 'em. It's nature. Why is this one so different, or special (apart from the fact that she'll never want)? Why are we even commenting, apart from the fact that the parents hold a priviliged position?

HeamoorMan

Post by HeamoorMan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Stephen Richardson wrote:
I hope all goes well with their children, and if there is the faintest chance that the new one's birth place enhances in any way the Cameron's liking for Cornwall, then it will be a good thing.
Many people 'like' Cornwall - it is the leisure park of England after all.

No doubt Mr Cameron will be working out many ways to increase the tourist trade that is so essential for this lovely county of the South West.

I don't suppose he will understand Kernow any better though.
how about loveday as a name. I think just the fact that the PM has mentioned having a Cornish name does say something about his views on the Duchy. He wouldn't have said anything of the sort if the baby was born in any other bit of England, might have done if it was in Wales or Scotland.

This is Cornwall Not ENGLAND!!
Best Regards

HeamoorMan.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Marhak wrote:...children are born every day. Hundreds of 'em. It's nature.
Yes, Marhak. And some are fortunate to be born into happier circumstances and into more natural bodies than others...

:idea: British Depleted Uranium Weapons - Birth Defects In New Born Children :idea:

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:26 pm

thats my point heamoorman, if the baby was born in England I don't think the PM would have mentioned anything to do with the name. And the baby is being called Florence Rose Endellion, after St Endellion

HeamoorMan

Post by HeamoorMan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Fancyabrew wrote:thats my point heamoorman, if the baby was born in England I don't think the PM would have mentioned anything to do with the name. And the baby is being called Florence Rose Endellion, after St Endellion

Florence Rose Endellion,,,, poor kid??

Well at least Endellion is a Cornish place as is Rose.....might as well have called her Meva,,,,,after MEVAGISSEY!!....or Ruth after Redruth...lol...

Endellion....hmm sounds like dandilion,,,,wonder what her nickname will be??
Best Regards

HeamoorMan.

roy999

Post by roy999 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Surely one day she question her place of birth. The bonus here is Mr Cameron won't forget Cornwall , as I think she will always remember him. Well lets hope so eh!

carrek

Post by carrek » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Fancyabrew wrote:thats my point heamoorman, if the baby was born in England I don't think the PM would have mentioned anything to do with the name. And the baby is being called Florence Rose Endellion, after St Endellion
The PM mentioned Cornish because he knows there's a Cornish language. He probably considers it part of the rich culture and heritage of England. And he didn't even pick a Cornish language name, but the name of a bloody village! I'm not expecting any special treatment or recognition for Cornwall from him.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm

It's the Anglicised spelling of a female saint known as Endilient in the 12th century, and Endeliente in the 13th.

Newforestpolecat

Post by Newforestpolecat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:34 pm

why din they just call er Rock Rose nipper! :lol:
no imagination see! dont they lot go nowhere else in cornwall then,
like sheep one goes they all follow safety in numbers i spose :roll:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 am

Rock is to be officially renamed Trehoorayhenry.