Kernow Branch a BIG thank you to all over the protest

Topical debate
kbcl1

Kernow Branch a BIG thank you to all over the protest

Post by kbcl1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

From: Mike Chappell - Scryvynyas , An Kesunyans Keltek Scoren Kernewek

Dear Friends

I have taken a phone call this afternoon from a contact within the BBC to inform how impressed the BBC were with the protest we arranged outside their studios over the last weekend.

The BBC have asked permission to use the You Tube video of me kindly filmed by Tony Leamon which has been circulated everywhere.

They were shaken at the force of protest and we shall be keeping the pressure up !

I want to thank you one & all for visiting me, spending time with me, bringing me food and drinks and books to read, filming me and for all your messages of support. I want to thank you for your phone calls to the BBC and the emails and responses published everywhere on the internet by our 'back room team'. Your friendship and generosity are greatly valued by me. I am also grateful to our friends in Wales who organised a short protest outside BBC studios there in a show of Celtic unity.

Peaceful protest can and does work. The police were visibly shocked at the constant turn out of people over the 24 hour period and BBC security were bemused by it all.

Together, we did a good job.

Thank you one and all !

Sincerely

Mike C