English Defence League in Kernow (?)

Topical debate
sammy

Re: English Defence League in Kernow (?)

Post by sammy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 pm

P_Trembath
You've made it quite clear that you do not consider the EDL an organisation to be laughed at, perhaps you would enlighten us with your opinion of the correct response to them?

The EDL like any racist group they are looking for support, such groups need to be discredited at every opportunity.

Since the Jeremy Paxman interview on here, with the exception of one posting by “Cormorant” there had not been any condemnation whatsoever regarding the interview only laughs. From Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm until I posted on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm these laughs were on display for the world to see, no doubt some people were thinking what I was thinking, hence my posting.

sammy
The EDL are nothing but scum. It is a good job the Cornish can laugh at such things, perhaps if you lived in Bradford or Birmingham you would be laughing on the other side of your face

I hope this answers your question.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm

If Monty Python had been around in the 1930s Hitler's
absurdly camp fascist theatricals might well have been laughed into oblivion
before they had any chance to gather momentum ...

Humour can be an effective tool against fascism.
The rapid knowledge sharing capabilities of the internet coupled with the
generally moral intent and motivation of the majority makes the recently emergent effective
campaigning power of this medium a very effective tool
in tempering, transforming or opposing extremist and fascist
or dictatorial tendencies and regimes and those who may aspire to become such.

Of course, there is not much that is more ironic than anti-fascist law.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:31 pm

sammy wrote: The EDL like any racist group they are looking for support, such groups need to be discredited at every opportunity.

Since the Jeremy Paxman interview on here, with the exception of one posting by “Cormorant” there had not been any condemnation whatsoever regarding the interview only laughs. From Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm until I posted on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm these laughs were on display for the world to see, no doubt some people were thinking what I was thinking, hence my posting.
There had been no comment made, at all, between 04/09/01 and 13/02/11, prior to the posting of the Paxman interview, however the posts made before the 04/09/10 made the opinions of the members here towards the EDL quite clear. I did not realise that we should make sure that we condemn them at least once every 22 hours in order for our opinions to be considered valid.
I must remember to make my feelings about the EDL, a dodgy organisation run by a Luton "Businessman", of Irish decent who, I am reliably informed, regularly gives media interviews whilst "Whizzing his T*Ts off", a lot more often.

sammy wrote: sammy
The EDL are nothing but scum. It is a good job the Cornish can laugh at such things, perhaps if you lived in Bradford or Birmingham you would be laughing on the other side of your face

I hope this answers your question.
I have family in Luton, and visit them quite regularly, so I know what life is like in such an area thank you.

As for laughing at them, I would far rather they had the "P" took out of them than they managed to make anyone live in fear. It is hard to fear an object of ridicule. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Stephen Richardson

Post by Stephen Richardson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Sammy - what you would have missed is the (not so) subtle inuendo in Cormorant's post. Although he was obstensibly condemning the EDL, he was also trying to compare Cornish nationalism with the EDL. I think that this attempt is what regular members of this discussion forum found amusing - not the EDL.
When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

There is a world of difference between laughing at them, and laughing about them.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you Stephen, I take in what you say, but what seems strange is the two who posted these laughing posts have thought it not worth while to make a comment (I can only take your word and others for it) it would have been much better if they did, instead of having to go through a third party, which seems very strange to say the least.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

No big deal Sammy. I merely put a laughing smiley to follow Cormorant's piss taking laughs every time over the last couple of weeks.
This forum at last is beginning to sparkle again thanks to it's excellent moderation, so hopefully there will be no need to do it again.

So going back on topic.......I've nothing to say on this particular thread.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

GrahamHart
No big deal Sammy. I merely put a laughing smiley to follow Cormorant's piss taking laughs every time over the last couple of weeks.

Much appreciated Graham, your posting on the thread “March The Fury” highlights this admirably.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Totally on-topic.

The E.D.L. are laughable.

A tiny membership and minimal support, with no political influence?

:lol:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

The laugh face is getting bloody boring.

Moderator Note: 16th Feb 2011 - 19:53

What do Cormorants do? They fish!

Please do not bite! Just ignore and stay on topic, then we shall see if there is any 'constructive' comment possible.
Any problems with any posting, please use the appropriate button.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 pm

They splatter their surroundings, too. Any constructive comment? Surely you jest?

sammy

Post by sammy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:15 pm

sammy
"Much appreciated Graham, your posting on the thread “March The Fury” highlights this admirably".

Well it did, for some reason your posting and another have just gone missing?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Yes, I looked for that and it wasn't there.

TGG

Post by TGG » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Well Folks, a good example of pepetuating an entirely useless discussion and destroying the topic. Well Done!

The BIG QUESTION IS: Who really is to blame?

TGGFor The (Real)Reason Why!
STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

sammy

Post by sammy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Marhak
Yes, I looked for that and it wasn't there

Probably gremlins or should I say Ellinghams LOL