Police in Kernow

Topical debate
kbcl1

Police in Kernow

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:21 am

I remember these words well 'A Constable is a citizen, locally appointed but deriving his authority from the Crown......'

And so every person appointed to the ancient office of Constable commences their career. Before a Magistrate, they take their oath of allegiance to the current Monarch as I did all those years ago. And no matter to which rank they rise, they retain that appointment of a Constable.

Not only elsewhere, but in Kernow as well....that oath of allegiance is to the Queen and it is made clear in one of the first definitions taught that authority is derived from the Crown. But Kernow is a Duchy with Charles Windsor at its head.

So, where does that leave the legality of appointment and powers held by every Constable in Kernow ? Do they act with the full force of law or assumed law ?

Are their arrests lawful if their appointment and allegiance is to Elizabeth who has no authority in Kernow whilst there is a Duke ?

Is this a way to challenge the upholders of foreign laws in this Country policed colonially from the Country next door ?

Mike C

Marhak

Re: Police in Kernow

Post by Marhak » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 am

This is a very valid point. but getting through 450 years of lies is a mammoth task. Walk into a Cornish courtroom and its HER coat of arms on the wall, not his. The case there might be "Regina v Denzil Penberthy", when it should be "Dux v Denzil P." Walk into Cornwall Council and the first portrait you'll see is that a foreign Queen who has no jurisdiction west of the Tamar. Cornish Boy Scouts and Girl Guides once had to swear allegiance to her (and might still do for all I know).

As an aside: if apprehended by the police, and you hear the words: "Anything you say will be taken down and used in evidence", what you MUST then say is this:

"Please stop hitting me, officer".

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Times have moved on there pard. These are the words of the new caution on arrest:

'You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence'

But most representing clients in interview rooms recommend 'no comment' then pass over a short written statement on behalf of the person arrested at the end of the interview. I know of several defence firms who do this. Certainly, when I attended a presentation a few months ago along with others by the Kernow Action Network, 'no comment' seems to be the way ahead. Oh, along with asking for a vegan meal, demanding to see the PACE Codes, refusing to co operate during the descriptive form process etc. I really sometimes wished I had taken up the offer three years ago and gone to work for a defence firm but I just couldn't bring myself to do it then ! Mike C

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 pm

kbcl1 wrote:I remember these words well 'A Constable is a citizen, locally appointed but deriving his authority from the Crown......'

And so every person appointed to the ancient office of Constable commences their career. Before a Magistrate, they take their oath of allegiance to the current Monarch as I did all those years ago. And no matter to which rank they rise, they retain that appointment of a Constable.

Not only elsewhere, but in Kernow as well....that oath of allegiance is to the Queen and it is made clear in one of the first definitions taught that authority is derived from the Crown. But Kernow is a Duchy with Charles Windsor at its head.

So, where does that leave the legality of appointment and powers held by every Constable in Kernow ? Do they act with the full force of law or assumed law ?

Are their arrests lawful if their appointment and allegiance is to Elizabeth who has no authority in Kernow whilst there is a Duke ?

Is this a way to challenge the upholders of foreign laws in this Country policed colonially from the Country next door ?

Mike C
That would make a good "stunt"!

Hand your pension back, because it is was given to you by Her Majesty's Government, not the Duke! :lol:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Who only held it in trust. It's MIke's money and always was.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Quite right Marhak. From my first salary packet to my last I paid 11% of my income into the Police Authority Pension Scheme administered locally. I am now drawing back my money. Cormorant, please f**k off until you get a few facts right. Or reveal your identity to me as I am relishing kicking your backside out of this Country. Feel free to email me your details. Mike C

Nige999

Post by Nige999 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 am

Cormorant said "That would make a good "stunt"!"

Cormorant, you are a cupid stunt

Unlike the character played by the late Kenny Everett, you are not even remotely funny.

Cornish Rex

Post by Cornish Rex » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Even though Kernow's soveriegn is the Duke of Cornwall and not the monarch itself, surely we are still ruled by the Queen as she is the Monarch of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which Kernow is a nation of.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

It's not as simple as that. The full picture has been put elsewhere on this forum. I wish I had time to run through its main points, but that'll take half my day!

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm

'Are their arrests lawful if their appointment and allegiance is to Elizabeth who has no authority in Kernow whilst there is a Duke ?

Is this a way to challenge the upholders of foreign laws in this Country policed colonially from the Country next door ?'

This is the usual utter tripe and nonsense which sometimes makes some of the discussion topics a joke!
First of all of course Her Majesty the Queen is head of state. Cornwall is in England which is part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Same as daft remark number 2. Has Cornwall suddenly departed from The United Kingdom?
Can we get back to intelligent discussion rather than the fairytale tripe dished up of which this discussion topic is a fine example.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:29 am

She might be your Majesty Trevorpen but she was never mine and I told her husband as much when I was in Buck House in the early 90's to pick up one of her dreary awards.(there under sufferance I might add having been told that if I continued to decline to attend, I would probably be posted to Ilfracombe and who the hell wants to be posted there after serving in Kernow ?)

OBE, MBE etc. Which Empire would that be then pard ?

Pathetic, just like them. The biggest scroungers out. Hopefully, the old hag will snuff it soon and we shall see the last of them. The whole crowd of them have never known a day's hardship in their lives.

Mike C