UKIP No2

Topical debate
Marhak

UKIP No2

Post by Marhak » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm

For UKIP, read EIP. They hate the Celts.

dolly pentreath

Re: Lib Dem MP Stephen Gilbert's Disturbing Hypocrisy

Post by dolly pentreath » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Marhak wrote:For UKIP, read EIP. They hate the Celts.
Absolutely true. English Independence Party sums it up. The trouble is that they want to lord it over their neighbours, too. I can't see them wanting to give up the taxes they prise out of us, Scotland and Wales. I suppose the continuing peace in Northern Ireland means that Little Ol' England is going to start making a profit out of that colony, too.

Maybe English Imperialist Independence Party sums it up better?

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Lib Dems in meltdown (sorry for the choice of words): http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/le ... 39793.html

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:09 pm

dolly pentreath wrote:
Marhak wrote:For UKIP, read EIP. They hate the Celts.
Absolutely true. English Independence Party sums it up. The trouble is that they want to lord it over their neighbours, too. I can't see them wanting to give up the taxes they prise out of us, Scotland and Wales. I suppose the continuing peace in Northern Ireland means that Little Ol' England is going to start making a profit out of that colony, too.

Maybe English Imperialist Independence Party sums it up better?

I don't know where to begin with this...first of all England is the cash cow of the Union, it certainly isn't prising taxes out of the Celtic fringe. Secondly, the majority of the people of Northern Ireland want to be part of the UK so that's why its part of the UK - surely you realise that peace is a good thing, right? Lastly, UKIP is committed to the whole of the country, that's why we have Northern Irish councillors, and a Welsh MEP and councillors, and will be contesting elections throughout the UK this May.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Mike wrote:The only good thing I can think of about the UKIP is that they do tend to split the Tory vote; keep up the good work in that respect.

Perhaps you should look up where ours votes come from! We take votes from all the parties, in fact many, many Lib Dems are joining a real liberal party.

carrek

Post by carrek » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Kitto wrote:
Mike wrote:The only good thing I can think of about the UKIP is that they do tend to split the Tory vote; keep up the good work in that respect.
Perhaps you should look up where ours votes come from! We take votes from all the parties, in fact many, many Lib Dems are joining a real liberal party.

UKIP liberal? Are you taking the piss?

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:47 pm

No I'm not taking the piss. UKIP is a classical liberal party.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Laugh all you want, you obviously don't understand the concept of liberalism.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Really? There were old toffs in the 80s proposing drug legalisation?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:05 pm

What you fail to grasp, Kitto, is that Cornwall is NOT part of the UK. It remains outside the jurisdiction of the English Crown. We have no wish to join and simply want people to understand that fact.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm

So where's the poll indicating that most Cornish don't want to be part of the UK?

carrek

Post by carrek » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Classical liberalism is exactly that - classical. It's a pre-19th century philosophy. Its modern equivalent is Libertarianism.

I wouldn't say UKIP is particularly liberal or libertarian - it wants to ban the Muslim headscarf and burqa (not liberal), restrict immigration (freedom of movement is a liberal ideal), keep British businesses in British hands (interfering in the free market/protectionism), and it voted to increase detention without trial to 42 days (hardly libertarian).

UKIP claims to be libertarian, but its adherence to libertarian philosophy is shaky at best, especially when those dirty foreigners are involved.