Why has Loic Rich left MK

Topical debate
zennorman2

Re: Why has Loic Rich left MK

Post by zennorman2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Those two make the Tories seem an attractive option. They, too, were Cornish 'nationalists' once.

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Cormorant wrote:Robert Kilroy-Silk resigned his seat.

Killjoy-Sulk certainly didn't resign his seat! He set up his own party because UKIP didn't want him as leader.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Kitto wrote:
Cormorant wrote:Robert Kilroy-Silk resigned his seat.

Killjoy-Sulk certainly didn't resign his seat! He set up his own party because UKIP didn't want him as leader.

Robert Kilroy-Silk was appointed Shadow Home Affairs spokesman, but resigned in 1985. In resigning his seat, he claimed that he had been victimised and assaulted by members of Militant tendency. :lol:

Kitto

Post by Kitto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:24 pm

I thought you were referring to his spell as an MEP from 2004-2009, where he was elected as UKIP, but left to form Vanitas... sorry Veritas

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 pm

None of this has got a lot to do with Rich. Not only was his defection personally opportune but I think he has missed the boat. I am not sure - for example - that 1980s history will repeat itself with the strikes. Its for the 'left' to get its act together in places like Cornwall. May be unpopular with some: but Labour, the Greens and MK need to talk.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:43 pm

I honestly don't think one should be too critical of Loic. He made his decision and let's face it, all politicians are really about the same -a pack of liars and ranking down there with estate agents. I mean the whole Liberal Democrat Party has defected en masse to the Tories.

Mike C

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 am

Nice one, Kitto - Vanitas! Love it. I remember someone calling Kilroy-Silk the 'world's greatest narcissist'. Someone once spoke to him, and he said: "You're talking to the man I love".

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 pm

kbcl1 wrote:I honestly don't think one should be too critical of Loic. He made his decision and let's face it, all politicians are really about the same -a pack of liars and ranking down there with estate agents. I mean the whole Liberal Democrat Party has defected en masse to the Tories.

Mike C
Mike - that says little then about any politician who is prepared to stand up for Cornwall. And the only alternative to that is anarchy. There are politicians with integrity. Bert Biscoe and Dick Cole are two (although Dick wastes a lot of his energy on stuff rather than concentrating on being a party leader). There are many others in all parties who also appear to have some integrity although one cannot prounounce on everything they may have said or done because we are all not aware of this.

I have to say though Mike Doris Ansari (for example) has more inegrity than Loic Rich. Vote for Mrs.A and you know what you are getting, vote for Mr R and frankly you do not.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 pm

A yes, Doris, the well-known deponent verb of the First Conjugation: ansor, ansari, ansata sum ...
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

carrek

Post by carrek » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Looks like Loic's having fun on Twitter! Here's a few highlights:

MK are a bunch of cowardly tossers

You little wimp

why are you so pious and high horsey? anonymous sidelines braying must do that to you...

i take it you are not that active in your party, otherwise you would shut up and not attack me publicly.

Am so - sooooooo - glad am in a party that wants me.

what voters? so far it's been some humourless left-wing clone types

i spent my life kicking against personal attacks from people like you - now I just laugh at your snobbery and selfishness.

you sound a bit snotty!
http://twitter.com/LoicRich

I've never encountered such an arrogant, petty, opportunistic, self-serving, bitchy, two-faced, petulant, pompous turncoat of a twat in my life, and I'm part of the Cornish language revival!

And before Cormoront et al make their predictable comments, I don't think this just because he left MK. Anyone who acts like this bottom feeder deserves everything they get, no matter what party they're in. Roll on the election, that'll wipe the smirk off his face.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 am

Just had a slightly puzzling exchange with LR. Have a feeling he may be feeling some stress.
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 am

LR said that people of whose views he disapproved were 'hypocrats'. I believe that rule from below (ὑπό = 'beneath'; κράτος = 'ruler' - elementary, my dear Rich!) might have something to be said for it. He said that he was too bored (?) or forewarned (??) to work out what he meant.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 pm

LR's behaviour is becoming even more strange . Not the most useful turncoat to be scooped up by the Tories, I think.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 pm

According to Twitter, Loic Rich doesn't exist. Oh dear.
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 pm

carrek wrote:Looks like Loic's having fun on Twitter! Here's a few highlights:

MK are a bunch of cowardly tossers

You little wimp

why are you so pious and high horsey? anonymous sidelines braying must do that to you...

i take it you are not that active in your party, otherwise you would shut up and not attack me publicly.

Am so - sooooooo - glad am in a party that wants me.

what voters? so far it's been some humourless left-wing clone types

i spent my life kicking against personal attacks from people like you - now I just laugh at your snobbery and selfishness.

you sound a bit snotty!
http://twitter.com/LoicRich

I've never encountered such an arrogant, petty, opportunistic, self-serving, bitchy, two-faced, petulant, pompous turncoat of a twat in my life, and I'm part of the Cornish language revival!

And before Cormoront et al make their predictable comments, I don't think this just because he left MK. Anyone who acts like this bottom feeder deserves everything they get, no matter what party they're in. Roll on the election, that'll wipe the smirk off his face.
This is very useful Carrek. It appears that we can draw the conclusion that Rich left MK on the pretence of personality disagreement (perhaps if we are being generous on policy) but I think the key thing is personal gain for him. That seems increasingly clear.