Who is to blame for its Decline?

Topical debate
Marhak

Re: Who is to blame for its Decline?

Post by Marhak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm sadly wondering if I will be surprised, Paddy. If evidence at Cornwall Council is anything to go by.....

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm

The decline is because no one is allowed to debate issues without being castigated or banned. Certain threads were stopped, threats made and never explained and debate emasculated.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:38 pm

My take is that no one was allowed to participate in serious debate with out the bloody trolls charging in and completely disrupting it. Moderators had no choice but to do something about it. The same trolls are now infesting This is Cornwall. One has been identified as Plymouth bus driver Anthony Body, resident in Saltash and a member of the EDL.

TGG

Post by TGG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 pm

by zennorman2 » 02 Sep 2011 11:53 wrote:The decline is because no one is allowed to debate issues without being castigated or banned. Certain threads were stopped, threats made and never explained and debate emasculated.- (TGG underlining)

There has been quite a bit of discussion on 'moderation' and way things have been going on the forum in recent times and most of it was being ignored. It is regrettable that you do not use all that previous comment to seek to answer your own, imho, bizarre observations as to why you feel the way that you do, plus a read of the Site's-Terms of use .

I think that it is fair to say that the current 'quiet period' has been positive and proves the point of quality over quantity that we are now enjoying. It is quite likely that this thread will have a limited existence should it prove to be another negative spiral that gets in the way of positive discussion. Its intention was clear from the start. Think Positive and stop looking for problems, because that is just an excuse to talk about nothing. There is enough stuff out there to deal with (This week's West Briton, for example?) without creating circular arguments.

TGGFor The (Real)Reason Why!
STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Well said TGG.

Spill the beans Mr Trembath. Lets see who's who around here.

ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:06 pm

It's a combination of people not ignoring trolls and large egos getting in the way of forward thinking and progression.

Gweltas

Post by Gweltas » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:59 pm

I have only used this one alias since first going on line in 2001 and will continue to use only this one, so I am not one of the offending "sock puppets" either !

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Same here. I am solely Marhak, and my real name is known to most on here, too.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Anyone noticed that there's a new film out? Called "Troll-Hunter". Lock and load...ready when they are. (Might watch it to see if I can get any hints).

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:11 pm

TGG wrote:
by zennorman2 » 02 Sep 2011 11:53 wrote:The decline is because no one is allowed to debate issues without being castigated or banned. Certain threads were stopped, threats made and never explained and debate emasculated.- (TGG underlining)

There has been quite a bit of discussion on 'moderation' and way things have been going on the forum in recent times and most of it was being ignored. It is regrettable that you do not use all that previous comment to seek to answer your own, imho, bizarre observations as to why you feel the way that you do, plus a read of the Site's-Terms of use .

I think that it is fair to say that the current 'quiet period' has been positive and proves the point of quality over quantity that we are now enjoying. It is quite likely that this thread will have a limited existence should it prove to be another negative spiral that gets in the way of positive discussion. Its intention was clear from the start. Think Positive and stop looking for problems, because that is just an excuse to talk about nothing. There is enough stuff out there to deal with (This week's West Briton, for example?) without creating circular arguments.

Why are my observations 'bizarre' in your opinion? This is a another good example of an unsubstantiated comment placed on here without explanation.

TGG

Post by TGG » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Since your post itself contained unsubstantiated assertions and I explained my position, in response to that, I considered your conclusions to be bizarre. As I implied that a reading of previous discussions might have led you to other conclusions, I believe that my comments were not as you allege in your latest post.

That is now an end of the matter.

STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Strange thing - a forum is a place for discussion and debate. Some contributors can't stand the ideas of contributors who don't agree with them. If you want to have a debate where you ignorantly are blinkered to opposing views then that is not a forum. For that reason it will go into decline.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 am

Pot....kettle....black.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Crow ... seagull ... metaphores ... similes ...
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm

TGG wrote:
Since your post itself contained unsubstantiated assertions and I explained my position, in response to that, I considered your conclusions to be bizarre. As I implied that a reading of previous discussions might have led you to other conclusions, I believe that my comments were not as you allege in your latest post.

That is now an end of the matter.

'That is now an end to the matter'. How arrogant. I want you to point out to me what my 'unbstantiated assertions' are. I have certainly raised some possibilities but I have not 'asserted' these.

If you cannot I suggestion that you cease posting on this matter.