more important Cornish discussion on troll factory site

Topical debate
ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla

more important Cornish discussion on troll factory site

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 am

I guess many of you won't have heard of /b/ or 4chan.
It's an image board website where people post anonymously and where anything goes (literally not for the weak stomached).
The anything goes nature is backed up by the fact that a thread will deactivate once it is no longer being updated, leaving no trace of the conversation ever happening. However, sometimes themes and memes build up and they keep being re mentioned.
It is a place for trolls, activists and those who are generally sick in the head but it has an audience of over 700,000 at any one point.

To get to my point; /b/ has regularly become the place of discussion for the Cornish topic on a few occassions.
Unless you are online now you will probably miss this link and "404" will show on your screen.
Just take a look from time to time or even start your own cornish thread. The discussion is huge most of the time.

http://boards.4chan.org/b/res/373415140
Last edited by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: more important Cornish discussion on troll factory site

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 am

I am saving this conversation as a web page so if anyone wants to take a look at the scale of conversation that goes on in a Cornish thread then ask me and I'll send it over.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 am

Just don't say anything bad about cats on there...

capten

Post by capten » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I think I'd rather watch paint dry...

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm

capten wrote:I think I'd rather watch paint dry...
What, rather than watch real, serious discussion on Cornish and nationalist issues being played out on a world stage?
Fair enough.

capten

Post by capten » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:16 am

I doubt any discussion on 4chan could ever have been called "real" or "serious".

But if you think the Cornish cause can be won there, in between pictures of cats that look like Hitler and girls with their jugs out, then you carry on!

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:45 am

capten wrote:I doubt any discussion on 4chan could ever have been called "real" or "serious".

But if you think the Cornish cause can be won there, in between pictures of cats that look like Hitler and girls with their jugs out, then you carry on!
As I said. It's an anything goes place.
Yeah there are the ponies, cats and whatever else but as often as those threads you will find serious political discussion. On top of that the political threads are usually the ones that get pinned and the ones that last longer. You can't argue with an audience of 700,000.