Anglo Imperialist Olympic Air Drop Alert!

Topical debate
TeamKernow

Re: Anglo Imperialist Olympic Air Drop Alert!

Post by TeamKernow » Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 am

Marhak wrote:Radio Cornwall (amazingly) reported this apology demand by Dan Rogerson this morning, and claimed it was they who gave the flag to Andy Ball. If so, they must have done it beforehand, because the clip showing the start of his run also shows him pulling the flag out from under his tracksuit, then getting the front Grey Alien to hold one end of it.
The flag was passed to the torch bearer by BBC Radio 'Cornwall'(ho!ho!) reporter Michael Taylor apparently as a personal initiative - not officially by Radio 'Cornwall' (ho!ho!) as a corporate decision as they are falsely claiming now. (Not the first time they have claimed false credit in recent times-they actually bragged on air that they were responsible for the last Cornish torch bearer going all the way across the Tamar Bridge. The fact is that many Cornish people, both collective and individual, were pulling in the same direction and making their feelings known on - and won - that case).
NOTICE: Being dyed-in-the-wool Anglo-Imperialist-Compulsive'C'WordRegurgitating-Stooge-Plants BBC Radio Cornballs are avoiding saying 'Cornwall's National Flag' at every turn, merely describing it as 'Cornwall's St Piran's Flag'. Imagine the mass choking that would resonate from Phoenix Wharf out across Anglo(de)philed-Truro if they were all suddenly instructed or scripted by Causey and/or BBC HQ to utter the accurate words
'Cornwall's National Flag'.

PS & NB The story was pulled from BBC Radio Cornballs' news items by 10am!
Marhak wrote:Am drafting a bastard of a letter to Coe right now. (The LOCOG website gives an address to write to), and suggest that as many people as possible do likewise. Mine will demand that the apology, for insults to our land, people, culture, flag and language, be as publicly broadcast as the event during which they were committed.
:idea: LOCOG BOARD :idea:
:idea: LOCAG Contact Page :idea:
Last edited by TeamKernow on Sat May 26, 2012 11:04 am, edited 11 times in total.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 am

Any sign of that audio evidence yet, TK? The more we have to hit 'em with, the merrier.

Ludgvan

Post by Ludgvan » Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

From the An Helghyer site:

"We Cornish are used to assaults on our identity. It’s been happening for centuries. So it didn’t really come as much of a surprise that the Olympic Torch relay would be used as such........

http://anhelghyer.wordpress.com/2012/05 ... -surprise/

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 pm

As the torch inters Cymru, it will be interesting to see if any of the runners carry the Welsh flag, and, if they do, whether the Met confiscates these too, presumably causing a Welsh revolution...??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18190182

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri May 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes, Ludgvan, and there's such a a thing as a last straw. As this latest outrage was committed in front of the eyes of the world, this is that last straw. We should ALL be writing to Lord Coe and demanding a public apology.

Lord Sebastian Coe
Chairman
London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG)
Head Office One Chruchill Place
Canary Wharf
London E14 5LN.

There you go. No excuses. Inundate the bugger! Mine went this afternoon.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri May 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Sod it. 'Head Office' should be on a line of its own. And that's 'Churchill Place' ("One" as a word strikes me as a mite pretentious).

Tasgwynn

Post by Tasgwynn » Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Apologies, TK, I read your piece before I read the Dan Rogerson original. And Marhak is right, it does appear that Rogerson has balls. It would seem that he has grown them since the last 'Devonwall' vote. I, too, will be will be writing to the noble lord, demanding an apology to the Cornish people at the very least, and, at best, his resignation from the whole tatty shambles, but I don't hold out much hope of a reply. In the words of the prophet, "Bennigys yw ev na wayt travyth, rag na vydh ev nevra diswaytys".

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am

Andrew George has told me that Dan raised this on behalf of Andrew and Steve Gilbert, as well as himself. I told him that this wasn't good enough. They should have pitched in individually. The more individual (not group) voices, the greater the effect.

Anyhow, my letter to Coe has gone off, and I've added a request under FOI for a verbatim transcript of the message passed to Ginger Grey Alien via his earpiece before he snatched the flag from Andrew Ball. I've a feeling that might just contain a few juicy phrases about the Cornish.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 am

LOCOG said the decision was not political, but an attempt to provide a
:idea: "uniform experience" :idea: for all the bearers of the circa 8,000(!) torches.

So, in the interests of that 'uniform experience', if you're a 'Princess'
feel free to bring along your hard hat, jodhpurs and 'orse .......
and political flag:
(Spot our favourite Ginger Grey Metroman!
Curiously Inactive...)

If you're an American warbler
feel free to bring along your Blackberry and
twitter your 'uniform experience' to the world...
(Under concurrent contract to the BBC's 'The Voice'.)

If you're a rock star
feel free to bring your whole band(Muse) along...

But if you're Cornish
don't you dare fly that effin' Cornish National Flag
as you head towards England at the other end of the Tamar Bridge...
Oh, and if you were expecting professional objective reporting from the BBC... :idea: Don't! :idea:
Last edited by TeamKernow on Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sat May 26, 2012 11:22 am

Love to see the amusing banter TK, keep it up!

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:43 am

No one should be surprised the way that the jublimpics is being pushed. 30 years ago we had a failing economy and civil unrest and they pulled the wool over the population's eyes with a 'royal' wedding and an avoidable war. The threats to the establishment are now more serious, everythimg from Scottish independence to the near collapse of the economy. We can be encouraged though that with every passing decade more and more people are realising what is going on.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sat May 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Z.man there is no wool being pulled over our eyes! Last Saturday we saw 100's of thousands of people coming along and joining in the fantastic atmosphere when the Olympic tour started its tour across the country starting in our county at Lands End. Would they have bothered if they were not interested to see a bit of history on their doorstep?
The anti-monarchy, republican movement is still a tiny, tiny minority, with the country's love for the Royal Family remaining undiminished.
The country is looking forward to the diamond jubilee, the Olympics are on the way, England in in the Euro 2012 - what a great summer - go and enjoy!

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Trevorpen wrote:Z.man there is no wool being pulled over our eyes! Last Saturday we saw 100's of thousands of people coming along and joining in the fantastic atmosphere when the Olympic tour started its tour across the country...................................
100's of Thousands................?

Thousands, yes.

Tens of Thousands, quite probably.

But 100's of Thousands..................................No.

Unless you're talking about watching it on TV, in which case they could hardly be described as "coming along", more sitting down, dinner on lap, mug of tea on arm of chair............................................. What an atmosphere!
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat May 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Welcome, once again, to Trev's fantasy world.......

Quite apart from the shocking anti-Cornish policies which has even been raised in the House of Commons, with apologies demanded (and which has quite escaped our Trev's tunnel-vision), what I've seen on numerous video clips was a tacky, tawdry affair more focussed upon brash corporate advertising than the torch-bearing itself. The flame should be been right out in front, as it has been at past Olympics elsewhere. But it was lost, almost an afterthought, as crowds wre subjected to gaudy, blaring commercial advertising by Coca-Cola, Samsung, Lloyd's Bank (who are they KIDDING!!!) and so on, with lackies handing out the Imperial (and entirely non-political, of course) flag in its thousands. The, when the poor torch-bearer did finally come into sight, he/she was virtually hidden by a surrounding horde of grey-clad Met goons.

Cheap, nasty, brash and totally London.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat May 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Oh, and TK, as you have technical abilities that I don't have, do PLEASE put up the clip of the Royals f**king it up and dropping the torch. Zara Phillips, with Mummy alongside, being typically bloody brainless by trying to light the torch by waggling the bloody thing, and the flame, within a foot of her horse's eyes. No wonder the poor thing reacted as it did.