Cultural Cleansing for the Cameras - the Olympic Spirit

Topical debate
Rosko

Re: Cultural Cleansing for the Cameras - the Olympic Spirit

Post by Rosko » Sun May 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Marhak, I'm delighted to hear about the mass FB, letter-writing and Internet 'rebellion' associated with the two recent Seb Coe controlled/managed anti-Kernow Shambolympic flag events (he better than most wankers can understand the need to stamp out any sign of Cornish identity, having been dumped on us from a great height by the '92 Tories).

But as much as you and Capten keep telling Factotum e's wrong, e's wrong, e's wrong, I think he actually sometimes brings some legitimate concerns (for the Cornish) to the debates.

Perhaps like me, he only knows a small % of all the great things that are going on, within Cornwall's growing cultural and linguistic revival, but nonetheless, it's important to be aware of the dangers and great challenges that still lie ahead.

Perhaps we're just not very good at celebrating and advertising the 'victories' against the dark forces of anti-Cornish civil servants and politicians... I don't know...

For example, he and I pointed out that such disgusting & shocking events, as painting over the national language and 'stealing' the national flag from a community-chosen 'Olympic' runner would have been intolerable for the vast majority of Welsh & Scots, and heads (hopefully Coe's) would probably have rolled as a consequence.

What happens in Cornwall? A slow-moving nationalist campaign manages to get a few non-comment reactions from some tourism managers. Wow!! I bet Coe & Co are shaking in their boots...

We should demand to know who was responsible for telling that short ginger Met. twat in his ear piece, to remove our national flag from the runner, for example, and then all the politicos 'running' Cornwall (incl MPs, Councillors, civil servants, etc) should demand a very public apology and more from Coe's little Shambolympics committee. And pigs might fly...

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Sun May 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Be patient, Rosko. As the saga unfolds...

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 pm

TrevorPen, you pig ignorant *******, I wonder what ***** you'll write once Scotland is no longer a part of that militarily enforced union?
St Piran's is not a county flag, but a Duchy one that predates most modern European states, including GB.
Why are you still here talking ****?!
Go home.
My kids have more common sense and ability to differentiate between fact and bull****.
You're a first class fool reiterating the same rubbish, on and on and on....
Go home, TrevorPen. You contribute nothing here.
****** tool.

Stephen Richardson

Post by Stephen Richardson » Sun May 27, 2012 5:07 pm

looks like Scotland will also be victims of 'Olympic' branding.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/sc ... er-hampden
When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Sun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Stephen Richardson wrote:looks like Scotland will also be victims of 'Olympic' branding.

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/sc ... er-hampden
But very unlikely the Scots will stand for it.

It might well be a very grand thing if the Cornish, Welsh and Scottish stick their NATIONAL flags up in the air in the goggle-eyed ashen faces of LOCOG in their Anglo-Centric media monitoring & marketing bunker at every opportunity - both on the Coca Cola/Samsung/Lloyds Multi-Torch NON-Relay Corporate Promotion Cavalcade and at the Olympic events themselves - with critical mass it would become impossible to police or prevent. The more 'contaminated' footage and press pics the better!

It would only be fair and proper for ALL the sportsmen and sportswomen contributing nations of mainland Britain to have their NATIONAL flags recognised and freely and openly displayed. After all, the Cornish and Welsh NATIONAL flags don't even get a visual mention in the political Union Flag,Jack.

:idea: LOCOG 2012 OLYMPICS Ticket Conditions - 19.2.3 :idea::
'The following is a non-exhaustive list of restricted items which may not be taken into a Venue (LOCOG reserves the right to amend this list, generally, or in respect of any Venue or Session): ... flags of countries not participating in the Games...'

So, as athletes from the other three nations of mainland Britain in addition to England - Wales, Scotland and Cornwall - are participating in the UK 2012 Olympic Games, their NATIONAL flags obviously fully qualify to be displayed.

NOTE for Seb Coe & Co Inc

KERNOWLEXICON (who tends to be on the ball, up to speed, ahead of the game, raising the bar etc etc etc in the world of sporting metaphors and mass mind manipulation and management semantics) has kindly provided this helpful definition from the OED:

political adj of or relating to the government or public affairs of a country.

Hmmm...About those Union Flags, Jack.
Last edited by TeamKernow on Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am

Rosko, in my 3-page letter to Coe, I have asked, under FOI, for a transcript of the instruction given to Ginger Grey Alien, plus details of who instructed and delivered it.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 am

Great thread. Great work. And come on you Scots. Stir that big bucket of sh*t. Great article from TK's link and it's comments. It's enough to make you smile :)

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Mon May 28, 2012 8:54 am

That's great Marhak!
Anybody else write to Coe, and what answers have been provided by his office, to date?

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

Here's an outline suggestion for more(bulk!) FOI requests to publicly funded :idea: LOCOG :idea: :

'Dear Lord Coe

Please provide copies of all correspondence and communications between LOCOG and
the 'Land's End' theme park management and its holding company prior to the Olympic torch relay.'

Feel free to use as above or in modified or extended form according to personal preference...
Last edited by TeamKernow on Mon May 28, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon May 28, 2012 10:01 am

No replies yet, Rosko, but they'll be opening mine this morning, I expect. If you hear a loud fart from an easterly direction, then they have.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for the update, Marhak.
My apologies for lateness. I will write myself this day.
Lackey arse-licking Coe's got a lot to answer for, re Kernow...
To think the bloke was once an athlete we all admired and looked up to; I guess we're now all seeing what Steve Ovett knew all along...!!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am

With regard to Steve Ovett (and many other runners), I suppose Coe got far too used to people looking up his arse.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 am

Last edited by TeamKernow on Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ludgvan

Post by Ludgvan » Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Here's an outline suggestion for another FOI request to publicly funded LOCOG:

'Dear Lord Coe

Please provide copies of all correspondence and communications between LOCOG and
the 'Land's End' theme park management and its holding company prior to the Olympic torch relay.'

Feel free to use as above or in modified or extended form according to personal preference...
That's a great FOI request, TK.

Does anyone know anything about £3,000 000 given to Lands End for the Olympics? It was something somebody mentioned on Twitter.

CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Does anyone know all the people who were visited by the constabulary prior to the Torch parade? Could be an interesting FOI request. In a democracy I think its appalling that the police are used in that way. Why on earth would they visit elderly pensioners who have been life-long members of democratic nationalist parties?

I have to say nothing surprises me about our un-democratic state since our house phone was bugged in the eighties.