Topical debate
Marhak

Re: Cornish Shopping

Post by Marhak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 am

Err....chaste? Hasten? :D

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 am

Good point about destination awareness, Zennor, and liked your "cut in haste" comment. I think you're being a bit kind to TrevorP., though...

TeamK., you are being very equitable and charitable with your description of Rosko. But angry is probably just as apt...

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am

Unfortunately "Gwynn ha Du" in Liskeard closed some years ago.
Sorry to hear it... Probably to make way for... Next... Or some other bland (inter)national chain, obviously much sought after by English tourists, and others...

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 am

I think you've already been asked, TrevorP...
...other Cornish websites have healthy discussion forums...
Please could you point us towards, perhaps, just one of these?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Asking him to go through such pain in getting his brain into ignition mode is just plain cruel, Rosko.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 pm

I had to ask... He brought it up, but as usual, silence from the great Trev, as soon as any real work - brain or otherwise - is required.

TrevorPen, if you are indeed Cornish, as you proclaim, you represent the worst there is of the species. Brain-washed, slightly dim-witted, repetitve, idle, boring, yet pig-headed in your self delusions, and embarassed by your own history, rich culture and distinctivness.

You're an apologist for the worst kind of English supremacism, and can imagine you grassing up resistance fighters to the Nazis, if we lived in a different time and place. You're really not a nice person, Cornish or otherwise.

seanjack37

Post by seanjack37 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:14 am

ha thanks for the advice, I managed to get to most of your suggestions, one in-particular that caught my eye was Birdkids children's shop in Fowey, what a delightful store http://www.birdkids.co.uk.

Anymore suggestion for next trip will be greatly appreciated.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 am

Never seen or heard of anyone so enthusiastic about their holiday shopping experience, and that's from someone married to a maid that knows her shops...

Trurocom

Post by Trurocom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

There are tons of great shops in Cornwall, and some great small unique independent outlets full of items you don't see anywhere else, Truro is a great place for this and is many great little stores down the little side streets, visit Truro and discover something new.......ooh that sounded like a pitch didn't it :|
Truro and Cornwall News and Opinions, weekly deals on shopping, eating out and more

http://www.Truro.com