Common Law.

Topical debate
GrahamHart

Common Law.

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 am

I wonder now how much this stunning information could empower the Cornish cause.

http://www.yourstrawman.com/

zennorman2

Re: Common Law.

Post by zennorman2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 am

Looks like something put together by the 'libertarian' Right.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 pm

It's been with us for hundreds of years. It's just been kept from us all our lives. Here's a brief example of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLf57DrAsk

I've been studying Common Law for a week now Zennorman and can tell you it's the most empowering law the people have. We have been conned all our lives. Please note there is a vast difference between 'Law' and 'Legal'.

Here's Common Law:
You must not injure or kill anyone.
You must not steal or damage things owned by somebody else.
You must be honest in your dealings and not swindle anyone.

That's it ! end of. The rest is legislation, which needs your personal consent.

capten

Post by capten » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:50 am

Start your reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_%28book%29

Equally explore such ideas as the Monopoly on violence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 am

Does this work with not paying your car tax? I wonder? Mine is due end of the month but I dont expect the post office will take this as a excuse.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I'd recommend the Democratic Audit 2012 of the UK if you really want to get to grips with the subject: http://democracy-uk-2012.democraticaudi ... 2012-audit

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 am

Yes I do want to get to grips with it Fulub, and thank you and capten for the links. I'll check them all out. ;)

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 am

It is my intention to read the links suggested, but I had already briefly started on this site http://www.yourstrawman.com/

Which contains this passage:
"It gets even more ridiculous when you discover that The Devon and Cornwall Police is a company which has been taken over by a company owned by IBM which is paid an annual budget of £256,800,000 taken from members of the public. Gilbert and Sullivan would have loved this reality as a script for one of their comedies".

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:57 am

Fulub. Capten.The links you provided have absolutely nothing to do with Common Law. [CL] In fact, it is the complete opposite I'm afraid. I recommend you read just a few paragraphs of 'Your Strawman' [link above] which is written in very simple English to differentiate between what is CL compared to legislation and statutes.

Understanding the massive difference, I believe, will open many opportunities to further the cause for our recognition and the protection of our culture and identity.

The world is totally corrupt and we all know that. Coming together as one consciousness [and it's happening] across the planet will give us those things we have worked so hard for, and much, much more. 'Lawful Rebellion' is not only our right; but our duty.
Crowsanwra wrote:Does this work with not paying your car tax? I wonder? Mine is due end of the month but I dont expect the post office will take this as a excuse.
Yes. By becoming a 'Freeman of the land'. But you won't be dealing with that 'particular corporation' and it's quite a process.

factotum

Post by factotum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:51 pm

I'll need to look into the references more carefully, but I think there may be some confusion of terms here. As generally understood (by lawyers at least) the Common Law is the body of law developed over time by judges and which applies uniformly to the whole realm (hence 'common') as opposed to local custom and usage. It is the reason why the English legal system is based on precedent. However it only deals with matters that are not covered by statute law, and in theory at least Parliament can legislate anything it likes ...

factotum

Post by factotum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 am

The guy's a total wingnut. There are some basic truths behind what he's saying but he's got so many different things mixed up and arse-backwards that all that really comes through is unfocused anger. "I'm mad as hell ..." what was that film now? More than that, he really has no solution, and that is the real tragedy. Any sort of solution probably has to involve co-operation, and somehow I don't get the feeling that he's the co-operative type. He's just angry that he's not at the top of the pile.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:45 am

:) Hello factotum. Or is that de-factotum ?
As generally understood (by lawyers at least) the Common Law is the body of law developed over time by judges and which applies uniformly to the whole realm (hence 'common') as opposed to local custom and usage.

Well of course it is generally understood as that by Lawyers. They are the beneficiaries ! And it's not 'developed over time by judges'. It's from the Magna Carta.
More than that, he really has no solution, and that is the real tragedy.
The page is written in plain simple English factotum. I'm surprised you haven't seen the solutions. I have. But then again, I read it. And to be fair, more than once.
I'll need to look into the references more carefully.
Quite. ;)

factotum

Post by factotum » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 am

I think you'll find that the Magna Carta is not all it's made out to be. It was all about the King vs his barons, I doubt it gave any real rights to the peasants, at best it was the seed from which things later developed, like trial by jury. Lawyers benefit from the law because we are taught nothing about the law and it works (or ought to work) when we're at school. We're subjects remember not citizens in this country and Mrs Windsor is literally above the law. However all the books are openly available and the statutes these days are on line, so if you really want or need to educate yourself about some aspect of the law nothing is stopping you. Every speciality has its jargon, if want to understand biochemistry or computer science you have to learn the technical terms and their exact meaning, same goes for the law. Principals can be simple in theory, but working out how they apply to real human conflicts of interest in real messy situations where often several different principles apply, that can be really mind bending. Everyone makes fun of judges but if you've ever read through the judgement in a complex case you'd be amazed how astute many of them are. Of course once politics gets involved that's another story altogether.
And I actually read quite a bit of his rant, but eventually it got boring because he couldn't focus, couldn't get to the source of his problems, had no real solutions, really he seemed like the kids who rioted in the cities last year. That sort of anger is easily contained by the authorities and simply gives them the justification to invest in bigger sticks to beat us all with.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 am

Hear it from he top factotum. All 58 seconds of it. You may wish to turn the sound off fairly quickly. Gets boring with it on, but the text is well worth a read. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MVNiDYY ... ture=share