'This is Cornwall'' -and Cornwall @ the Olympics...

Topical debate
Rosko

Re: 'This is Cornwall'' -and Cornwall @ the Olympics...

Post by Rosko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Can I watch, nige999?

Would like nothing better than to see TrevPerv having his fictional shite, physically stuffed back down his own throat...

When you've finished with the twat, leave him yet another copy of Angarrack's "Our Future is History", providing concrete evidence of the Duchy's constitutional independence from England, but which that half wit trevPerv refuses - or is unable - to read...

Team gb have done well but thanks to many, many Welsh, Cornish, Scots, Irish and other minority peoples recently 'borrowed' from its discredited former empire. As for the 'national' anthem... The less said the better...

Nige999

Post by Nige999 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Rosko - he was a no show, which was a real shame for me cos I was having a bad day and a chance for some "happy slapping" would have cheered me up no end.

I know its a bit late notice but I am there tomorrow afternoon so maybe Trev might like another chance to insult me to my face. I would welcome a bit of "debate".

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:08 am

Despite the silly finger-pointing by some members of the Press, Trev might have noticed that several English sportsmen and women don't sing that awful anthem, either. Wayne Rooney never does and he's explained why. He thinks it wrong to have an anthem that just sings praise to one overprivileged person, and I agree with him. Most other anthems are about the countries, and not every British person agrees with the Monarchy these days.

Some people want it replaced with "Jerusalem", but that would be wrong, too. Because it's about only one part of Britain: England ("England's green and pleasant land" - no one else gets a look in). But you might have noticed that, at the opening ceremony, the first part was about just that - the "green and pleasant land", irrespective (and contemptuous) of the fact that it was a British Olympic Games with a GB team, not an English one.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:38 pm

It's was so London-centric, I'm surprised even some parts of England got a look in.... As for GB's other nations, Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, Manx, NoI, CI, they don't exist to many Champagne Charlies in the English capital...

I've probably mentioned before on here, but here it is (again) anyway; I had a very, very close friend from north London, at university, who always used to say England IS London, and vice versa. This used to make us ignorant bumpkins laugh, but he was only ever half joking...