Pleased to see it, and good for 'Visit Cornwall'

Topical debate
Marhak

Re: Pleased to see it, and good for 'Visit Cornwall'

Post by Marhak » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:22 pm

What's being put out in the papers is a highly politicised account identical with that originally put together by the Press Association and Yahoo. What have "nationalism" and "rebellion" to do with it? Each publication is word for word identical. So who actually wrote and circulated it? My guess is: Whitehall.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Marhak I know it's the political silly season, but again 100% with you on this! We are talking about promoting tourism in Cornwall - that is what 'Visit Cornwall' is all about.

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:39 pm

I read aboutthis and cant believe the foul mouthed insults and abuse being written beneath where articles are online. I cant understand why ppl find it right to hurl insults after insults at the Cornish and Cornwall. because of what the Tourist Board have said.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

It's not because of what 'Visit Cornwall' has said. It's about what the Press claims they said. The Press version is deliberately worded to invite hostility and the sort of hatred we've seen. Using words like "banning", "nationalism", "independence", "rebellion", none of which are actually involved. There's supposed to be a law against inciting hatred, but that's exactly what the Anglocentric Press is doing.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 pm

If the press is so obviously inciting (racial) hatred in its reporting, and it's that obvious, why isn't someone, or some organisation, with both time and resources (are there any?), taking whatever publication is guilty of this, to task through the courts??

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Or involving the police? Good question.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Just thought you'd all enjoy Big Ger's or in this case "Gerald's" views (with typically piss-poor spelling and grammar) on Yahoo's outrageously titled piece comments section:

GERALD • Reading, England • 4 days ago
Jane... so true? I live in Cornwall..(not Cornish so don't insult me there..) but they all bleet on about the 'up country emmets' buying up all the houses. Well I have news you Cornish idiots... you don't have to sell do you... but then you do, for the money, drive round in your big 4X4's and then moan how you're being taken over and theres no housing for the young? Stop moaning... and incidently nearly all the so called Cornish I know claim to be Cornish but have parents that were born elsewhere... remember, a dog born in a stable don't make it a horse... do it??

S • 4 days ago
So you go to live in Cornwall, then insult them? Nice...

GERALD • Reading, England • 3 days ago
S.... It's just another part of England, they have the attitude not me.

Jane... Perfect! That about sums the Cornish up... Two Faced.

@ Jonathan Sch.... I've lived here many years, you want to hear what they call the English? Happy to take your money, then stab you in the back. My local garage has increased petrol by 10p a litre to rip the emmets off, and the price of pasties always goes up 20p to 30p, but in September comes back down in price...

There are not many true indigenous Cornish People left.... Mostly have English, Welsh and Irish heritage. I live here and my neighbour who's 75, and I thought was Cornish told me that her Mother was Born in London and was English? They're very racist people and need to be pegged back a notch or two!

Malthouse • Bath, England • 4 days ago
Gerald. Coming from Somerset I quite often get mistaken for Cornish when I travel elsewhere but we're proud English here and prefer the flag of St George to that sh***y flag they like to display down there.

GERALD • Reading, England • 3 days ago
Malthouse.. I'm a true and proud englishman through and through. I've lived here for over 20 years, and have been dis-respected many many times from these people? I thought I could respect them, but over the years, I can't? Every day they will say.. 'you're not cornish are you'?... well thank god I'm not. They hate the english, but its a different story if a cornishman represented england in sport... then they boast but we're proud of him cos he's a cornishman... they'll accept them for representing england, but hate the english... how double standard is that... and racist?? By the way, the St Piran flag is not recognised by the EU or UK... but the National Trust allows them to fly it on their properties on St Piran day, and not the St Georges Flag... but then I guess the NT probably don't know that??

Nothing wrong with Cornwall... just the Cornish spoil it all

Alan.... reap what you sow? I've lived amongst you for years, and I've drawn the conclusion that..1) You don't even like each other, never mind about anyone else. 2) Ignorant to their neighbours who aren't Cornish. 3) Always moaning, but never complain. 4) Carry a huge chip around on their shoulders. 5) Happy to let others do the work for them. 6) Hate being told in their own place how to do something even when they are wrong. 7) Disrespectful, 8) Racist 9) Talk about and stab everyone in the back... you see you need to earn respect, and frankly the rest of the country don't like you... read the comments. You need to change your attitudes, grow up, and accept other people and cultures in your lives? You will never ever be independent... you couldn't rule yourselves, because the whole thing will turn into chaos within months!!!

As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:23 pm

I posted on one forum and said I was Cornish and that this was the Tourist board and this was the exact resply I got:

"You are fxxxxxx English, get over your delusion. You havn't really been a "celt" Whatever that is, since the Normans came and turned you all into a English state. Just get back to your sxxx hole and stuff yourself on pastys you inbred yokel"

I wont b eposting on that one any more because it got far worse afterwards.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:37 pm

I like the Normans turned you English bit! Grief!
It never ceases to amaze me, the vitriol and general poor education displayed on these types of fora.
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 am

Like you say, Mark, the uneducated and vitriolic abuse is quite 'outstanding'.

Perhaps someone could compile all this into one easy to read short story and send a copy to Cameron & his education ministry side-kick, so that they might begin to understand the very real need for both proper UNBIASED history Education as well as the need to start protecting the former empire's last remaining occupied territory and its peoples.

These vicious racist attacks against the Cornish could be a 'last post', cornered, wounded animal-style aggression by the (uneducated) English masses, still reeling from the loss of all their other dubiously acquired territories... You'll probably find most of the aggressors are benefit-cheating, over-weight half wits, who have no real understanding of history, but cling on to this 'great' British (read English) concept, and cannot bear the idea of a Scot not singing the GSOQ dirge at the top of their voices, let alone a Cornishman recognising the historical and constitutional fact that he is not English... How very dare we!!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:34 am

The great thing about the little Englander trolls is their shameless displays of being totally lacking in historical knowledge (or any other kind), and the most appalling standard of grammar and spelling. While they call us "inbred" and the like, they proudly show off their own outstanding ignorance.

Trurocom

Post by Trurocom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Well done Malcom, great step in the right direction
Truro and Cornwall News and Opinions, weekly deals on shopping, eating out and more

http://www.Truro.com