Can Cornwall Trust the 3 Tory MPs?

Topical debate
Marhak

Re: Can Cornwall Trust the 3 Tory MPs?

Post by Marhak » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

To answer the original question...No, we can't. They're Tories.

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Proper job seeing the Tories beeing booed at the Parolympics when the crowds saw them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carvath

Post by Carvath » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Proper job indeed. Why should they try and make political capital out of people they disenfranchise! They are being seen through.

factotum

Post by factotum » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 am

Seems like the Liberals have lost support massively on the national level. Well deserved but who does that leave as an alternative to the now identical 'Labour' (ha-bloody-ha!) and Tory parties? The only 'radical' alternatives making any showing seem to be various shades of rabid right wing Brit Nats. Not a pleasant outlook, especially not for Cornwall left behind in rump UK.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 pm

MK

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Let me qualify that...

Even if I really don't like some of them (MK), or even some of their policies, I'd rather have our own twats speaking on behalf of the Cornish community, in Westminster, than parachuted foreign English twats à la candy half-a-ton or Seb Coe, who didn't know Cornwall, didn't know the Cornish, and, with their own parties controlling parliament, did absolutely sweet FA for their adopted communities, nor did they care, quite frankly.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

[quote]
by Marhak » 03 Sep 2012 20:58
To answer the original question...No, we can't. They're Tories.
Marhak
[quote]

The question will be redundant within 12-18 months, when Cornwall no longer has a single Tory MP... Lib dem MPs may become scarcer too; to mine and others' horror, after the bout of Candy-itis suffered by Falmouth & Cambronn in the ''90s, is the arrival of more parachuted labour scum in our midst.

If planned carefully, a real opportunity here for MK and/or independents, at the next parliamentary elections...

Ludgvan

Post by Ludgvan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:42 am

Meanwhile, the Localism Act so beloved of Cornwall's maverick Tory MPs has delivered a very serious blow to democracy in Cornwall. From now on all Town and Parish Councillors are committing a criminal act if they do not list personal financial details about themselves and even their spouses/partners, for publication on the Cornwall Council website and their own town/parish council website.

Respected St Just Town Councillor Francis Angwin has already resigned as a matter of principle and because he is bitterly opposed to this invasive new ruling.

"The fact that my private and personal affairs can appear on a website and across the internet universally is totally unacceptable and, although I certainly have nothing to hide, I have no wish to be part of it."

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Council ... story.html

Worryingly for Cornwall, many good prospective town/parish councillors will think twice before putting themselves up for election next year for this will mean they must subject themselves to the process of telling the world about their employment, their property, the shares they hold and other intimate money matters - and those of their partner/spouse.