The powers of the queen and Prince Charles

Topical debate
Crowsanwra

The powers of the queen and Prince Charles

Post by Crowsanwra » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Knowing how tough it is to live in one of the Ptince Charles farms as a tennant, I was interested to read the article someone sent to me in the email:

Secret royal veto powers over new laws to be exposed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/3 ... rs-exposed

IMO Prince Charles is a hazard!!!!!!!!!!!!

factotum

Re: The powers of the queen and Prince Charles

Post by factotum » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:36 am

Well it's a start, although I imagine they'll be an almighty closing of ranks and someone will have a quiet word with the commissioner. Btw do they know where Kirkhope lives?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 am

The Guardian has been unravelling the myth of Charles Windsor's "private estate" for a while now, but what has quite amazed me is that someone in the High Court has actually had the cojones to dismiss the Government's (the Duke's) Appeal!

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 am

Wow!!!

The cat's out of the bag and in the public domain... That'll hurt!!

I hope kirkhope has good body guards or a good hiding place; I hear there's a vacancy at a 'holiday' home in Abbottabad, northern Pakistan!

Talk of a unique opportunity for Cornish nationalists to expose the DoC abuses and thus its constitutional independence...

I was particularly amused by the final para:

"The royal household understands that the Cabinet Office is considering the information commissioner's decision and next step," it said. "It would not be a matter for the royal household to challenge any decision."

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 am

So, why the "private estate" myth? It's quite simple really.

Cornwall's right to its own parliament is still absolutely intact at law today. So are its powers of veto over Westminster, all as confirmed in the House and by Hansard on several occasions since 1977. However, that Parliament must be convened by the Duke. For obvious reasons, Westminster and Whitehall do not want that Cornish Parliament to exist, but they do not have the power to abolish it. Only the Cornish people can do that (confirmed by Hansard). Happily for them, it's also the case that since 1753, when that Parliament last sat, successive Dukes of Cornwall have wanted only to pull in the revenue (currently £19 million p.a.) without having the bother of doing the work of being Cornwall's Head of State. (Basically, Cornwall is a training ground in rule for the heir to the Throne). So, Westminster/Whitehall let the Duke get his millions for nothing, and the Duke lets them rule the roost in his own realm. It's quite a comfortable arrangement for both parties (and to hell with the rights of the Cornish people). Even so, the Duke's options remain open, and he continues to appoint a Lord Warden of the Stannaries whose job it to convene Cornwall's rightful Parliament whenever his master chooses to instruct it.

To cover their lying arses, the myth of the "private estate" has been used to cover up the facts from the people, especially those whose rights are being trampled all over, and the longer the lie is peddled, the more the population believes it.

But now...it's all starting to unravel for them.

factotum

Post by factotum » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:18 am

How would they go about convening the parliament since I imagine most of the members of 1753 body are, well bodies by now. Job for an archaeologist perhaps :-)

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:22 am

G-r-o-a-n.......

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Another Guardian article today. They're going for Duke Charles's throat! (Bless 'em).

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Marhak wrote:Another Guardian article today. They're going for Duke Charles's throat! (Bless 'em).
To what end?

To benefit Cornwall?

Or,

To "remove" him from his position for the benefit of the UK? leaving Cornwall with nothing. :roll:

As an aside, I was under the impression that the Duke of Cornwall was not entitled to monies from the civil list, due to his income from the Duchy, and yet, I keep hearing about how much he has been paid from the civil list. Which is it? :?
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:55 pm

It might be of benefit to force him to do the job he's supposed to do, abandon the "private estate" myth, and to reconvene Cornwall's rightful parliament.

He gets sod-all from the Civil List. Or shouldn't.

Rosko

Post by Rosko » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I don't think 'they', or many others actually know what job he's supposed to do, Marhak, or indeed that he has any job to do at all... This Guardian article will no doubt confuse many and others will just ignore it as more internal royal political shenanigans...

TGG

Post by TGG » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am

P_Trembath » 01 Sep 2012 17:37 wrote:
As an aside, I was under the impression that the Duke of Cornwall was not entitled to monies from the civil list, due to his income from the Duchy, and yet, I keep hearing about how much he has been paid from the civil list. Which is it? :?

This site Presumably gives the 'official' answer? However, it still blatantly misrepresents the truth of what actually constitutes the "Duchy of Cornwall"!

TGGFor The (Real)Reason Why!
STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 pm

I'll say it does. And, if he's a "trustee" and must pass the Duchy on intact, why's he been selling off bits of foreshore and other assets? (Probably because he can, even though the Charters say he can't. As Heads of State, the Duke and the Queen are exempted from the law - the only people who are in the UK - so he can't be challenged through legal process).

factotum

Post by factotum » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:29 am

If the Duke is above the law in Cornwall that would have to mean that the Queen's writ doesn't run here, OTOH if he's not then he could be sued for breach of trust, mismanagement etc. Which way would they jump??

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am

Hopefully where the precipice is highest.