mebyon Kernow new Councillor person

Topical debate
Crowsanwra

mebyon Kernow new Councillor person

Post by Crowsanwra » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

I saw this on this Is Cornwall and it will be interesting for ppl here too:- (usual comments by the anto Cornish gang under it!)

Penzance councillor joins Mebyon Kernow
Trusted article source icon
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Profile image for CMJacqui

CMJacqui
Follow

A PENZANCE councillor has resigned from the Liberal Democrats to join Mebyon Kernow.

Cornwall and Penzance town councillor Tamsin Williams, who was a member of MK in the 1990s, described rejoining the party as "coming home to where I properly belong".

​Cllr Tamsin Williams.

Cllr Tamsin Williams.

Cllr Williams served on Cornwall County Council between 2001 and 2009 and has represented Penzance Central on Cornwall Council since 2009. She becomes MK's sixth Cornwall Councillor on the unitary authority.

Commenting on her decision to join MK, Cllr Williams said: "I believe that now is a crucial period for Cornwall and its future.

"I am excited to be a member of Mebyon Kernow – a political party free from the vested interests that dominate the London-based parties.

"After a decade as a member of the Liberal Democrats, it has become increasingly obvious to me that many of Cornwall's problems are a consequence of bad decisions made by the London parties.

"And it is clear to me that the local activists of the London-based parties continue to be undermined by the actions of their party bosses in Westminster.

"I feel privileged to be able to join the only political party 100% committed to Cornwall."

MK Party Leader Dick Cole has welcomed Cllr Williams into Mebyon Kernow.

"Tamsin is a passionate champion for Cornwall and I am absolutely delighted that she has chosen to join MK. I look forward to working with her as part of the MK team for many years to come and winning a better deal for Cornwall and its people."

Carvath

Re: mebyon Kernow new Councillor person

Post by Carvath » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Good news.

Marhak

Re: mebyon Kernow new Councillor person

Post by Marhak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:56 am

And then there were six.