We never have laughed as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topical debate
Crowsanwra

We never have laughed as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Crowsanwra » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Got emailed this - so b***** funny. Cornish oscars to them all I rekkon!!!!!!!!!!!

http://vimeo.com/53210135

Marhak

Re: We never have laughed as much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am

I haven't laughed so much since my sister caught her tits in the mangle, and the squirting sun cream bottle during the "Dr No" sequence was the funniest touch of all. Loads of direct quotes, used in speech, from some vicious Press comments about the Cornish, and a few Cornish insults, too. I love it when Uberemmet thinks the barman has just said "Cheers" or similar when, in fact, he's just called him a wonker in Cornish. It's brilliantly done, and deserves awards galore. And as much sharing as possible. It went pretty viral on Facebook yesterday.

Well done, Mark and the team. Superb work. Funny as hell, but so true, too. We've all seen families like this, every single year.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I did NOT write "wonker"! Which tosser changed that? :o

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Heh! Beat the system there......

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am

Old Trev would love this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Actually Mark I don't!
I think it makes us Cornish look daft - small minded and stupid.
It does nothing for our biggest industry - tourism. As for 'the visitors' well they're supposed to be 'the loads of money' characters from the 1980's, so out of date for the vast, vast majority of visitors to our county.
.... as for the pub, serving food with no card facilities.... does anyone know such a place?
Yes it made me laugh but sadly, I also found it racist to the people of Cornwall and the rest of England.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Er... I was being sarcastic old bean! :lol:

Of course you'd hate it! :shock:

At less than 25% of our GDP (that's Gross Domestic Product Trev) one could hardly call tourism our biggest anything!

And there are plenty of visitors who behave just like that and pull fat wads of money out. There are also tons of places in Cornwall that don't have card machines. Try the Fisherman's Arms in Newlyn for one. The Red Lion there only installed theirs last summer, so stop talking out of your rear!

As for the racist bit... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

Our local don't take plastic cards - cash only. I read tourism is far less then 25 per cent now and its not prfoper work anyway. I reckon there spot on with the English - thats the way they turn up as though they bloody own the place every year.

Carbilly

Post by Carbilly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:54 am

For information, latest figures show that tourism, with it's oft-repeated claim that Cornwall would somehow 'die' without it, contributes just 11% towards Kernow's GDP whilst employing 14% of the workforce. Of course, the fact that those jobs are full-time, well payed and secure ( :lol: ) fully supports the arguments that genius's like Trev employ every time they attempt to justify the vastly inflated importance that certain vested interest groups attach to this 'industry'.
Oh, and only a truly subservient, fully indoctrinated, forelock-tugging lick-spittle could take genuinely offensive statements made by English commentators and use them to accuse the Cornish of racism! :roll:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am

Hey, Trev....what's your take on the depiction of the Cornish in Doc Martin, Wycliffe, Wild West, etc, etc?

(I got branded a "racist" on FB the other day. Why? Well, in response to a post saying that the Church of England never really wanted Rowan Williams as Archbishop, I commented: "Well, they wouldn't, would they? He's Welsh". For that, I'm a "fahking old racist"!!!).

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 am

Cat got your tongue, Trev?

factotum

Post by factotum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

"As though they bloody own the place" Actually many of them do ...