SNP to support boundry changes for Cornwall!!!

Topical debate
Fulub-le-Breton

SNP to support boundry changes for Cornwall!!!

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Boundary changes for devo max: the Tory-SNP deal that may reshape the UK: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... o-max-deal

P_Trembath

Re: SNP to support boundry changes for Cornwall!!!

Post by P_Trembath » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:06 pm

This needs watching!
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm

I don't believe this for a minute. It's the London Press stirring it again. They had to delay publication to allow the SNP the right to make a statement, in which they denied the existence of any such talks, then placed that way down the column in the hope that most people would miss it. Plus the photo of Cameron and Salmond. That wasn't taken recently. Cameron was in Devon viewing flooded areas yesterday (couldn't be arsed to view the Cornish flood sites).

A letter of enquiry from MK to the SNP should clear it up.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I sometimes wonder how much proof people need to realise they are all in bed together. :( If this doesn't convince you, nothing ever will.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:28 am

I sincerely hope you are right. I would like to think that amongst the various reasons such a pact would be rejected by Scottish nationalists could be found concern for the Cornish border with England. However I have serious doubts as to this being the case. Perhaps a pact with the Tories will be rejected but will concerns for Cornish territorial integrity even dimly glimmer in the minds of the SNP leadership?

I hear what you are saying about the quality of the Guardians journalism but you need to be honest about how you felt about this story when you read it. Many of you, like me, will still be left with a nagging doubt as to what the SNP and Plaid are prepared to do to obtain their goals and therefore also the nature of any 'Celtic solidarity' with Kernow. This should tell you all your need to know about such inter-Celtic support . We support them but can the same be said, without hesitation, about their support for us? If the answer is no then clearly more work needs to be done.

My doubts are only reinforced when I compare the number of articles written in support of an English parliament with those calling for Cornish devolution coming from Welsh and Scottish nationalist circles.

factotum

Post by factotum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 am

I doubt if this is more than the usual unionist shite-stirring which has been going full blast for months in Scotland. It was rumoured btw that Scottish Labour (no less) along with the ConDems have had talks with Spanish right-wing politicians, i.e. fascists. However, from a Scots perspective Cornwall is probably seen as an 'English' or rather rump-UK matter and none of their business. Scotland has a constitutional right to leave the Union if it's people so wish, Wales does not. Cornwall, well, who knows. Some believe it has it's own special sovereign status, but they've had years to make their case and don't seem to have got anywhere. Either by bringing some kind of legal case, or by galvanising the Cornish population. You can hardly expect the Scots to divert their attention from what could be a life-and-death struggle, in order to become entangled in the Cornish morass. Without a vigorous and visible Cornish Nat. movement and party 'Celtic Solidarity' is a hollow phrase. There is nothing to be solid with.