An Amazing Document For Cornwall.

Topical debate
GrahamHart

An Amazing Document For Cornwall.

Post by GrahamHart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 am

Been floating around on Facebook. Sadly, not for Trevorpen.
Attachments
Doomsday 2 !.jpg
Doomsday 2 !.jpg (235.04 KiB) Viewed 1871 times

Marhak

Re: An Amazing Document For Cornwall.

Post by Marhak » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Perhaps now they can STOP calling us a "c*unty". Or attaching the term "England" to us. Of course, little of this is new - we've been shouting it at deaf ears for generations. Now the nay-sayers can think again. This was an official publication, and neither Mr Cahill, nor Mr Hesp, have any pro-Cornish axes to grind. I'm just amazed that a Northcliffe newspaper actually published this article at all!

Carbilly

Post by Carbilly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I know the Cornish have been shouting about this for some time, but they turn out to have been right.
Well bugger me, who'd have thought it, the Cornish were right?
When was this published? I don't buy Northcliffe publications but I haven't seen this on 'This is (not) Cornwall'.

TGG

Post by TGG » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 pm

It was introduced to the House of Lords back in December .

TGGFor The (Real)Reason Why!
STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 am

TGG - Note how the Cornish aspect was airbrushed out of that report.

TGG

Post by TGG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Marhak, I also noticed the absence, but I suspect that the reference to 'Cornwall', by KC, was only produced whilst being interviewed by Martin Hesp (more relevance to its audience), in much the same way that the financial mis-match was brought to light with his earlier work in "The killing of Cornwall" (2001 issue of Business Age Magazine). It is good that he seems to have a watchful eye on Cornwall.

TGGFor The (Real)Reason Why!
STOP THE CORNISH GENOCIDE! -
They declare their Cornishness with pride
Whilst oblivious to our genocide
That England imposes
With smiles and Red Roses
Where the innocents, so gullibly, reside.

roy999

Post by roy999 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Not according to J J Lee on This is Cornwall forum.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Yet more evidence of Cornwall's de jure constitutional relationship with the UK, but the question remains as ever what can we do about it?

Clearly at some point in the past the Duchy authority, in cahoots with the UK government, decided to allow Cornwall to be run as an English county therefore ignoring its constitutional position and our rights to a distinct national identity. I'm assuming this was a gradual process whereby de facto power over Cornwall was gradually transferred to London whilst ensuring the Dukes 'nice little earner' continued to fill the coffers.

This shouldn't be such a surprise thought really should it. The Duchy, even with its stannary parliaments, has never been a democracy. The Duke decided (perhaps under some pressure form Westminster) to let London rule Cornwall as an English county for his own benefit. Well feudal lords with absolute power can do that kind of thing. They can do what they like, and as long as the populace doesn't rebel in one form or another, they will continue to do just what they like.

Today the only way I can see that we can confront this situation is via our elected representatives who have Cornwall's democratic mandate. A Cornwall Council controlled by nationalists supported by Cornish MP's would be in a position to do something but until then all we can do is to continue to try and educate the public.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

The first thing we need is a de-Jure Government Fulub and not the de-facto corporation of criminals we have at the moment.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes but that depends on the people of Cornwall, the mandate they give to elected representatives. Like it or not, at the moment Cornwall doesn't vote for people - councillors, MP's and MEP's - that will really take forward the Duchy issue.

To obtain a "de-Jure Government" and not the "de-facto corporation of criminals" we have at the moment then the people of Cornwall, UK and further afield need to decide that's what they want. You can't just force it on them. Such is democracy.

Perhaps a closer look at the Icelandic model would be of some inspiration in that regard: http://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe ... experiment

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 am

I agree Fulub. You can't force it on them. You can only try and persuade people that dealing with good honest people is better than dealing with criminals. Not an easy task when the masses are still behaving like sheep....but more are beginning to wake up to what's really going on. It's no more than a question of time.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 am

Iceland (pop. about 3/5th that of Cornwall, by the way) has shown exactly how to get out of the recession and they've just jailed the first of the bankers that were arrested and charged. Iceland has also paid back a good deal of the debts that arose. But everyone else, incl. the UK and our wonderful Press, avoid the issue like the plague. Meanwhile, our most needy citizens continue to be persecuted for a situation that was not of their making. Little wonder that public anger is reaching boiling point.

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

The whole thread has been taken down on this is anythi g But Cornwall and all the 150 postings and all the p taking about the Cornish fighting fund olimpic games stuff. They dont keep stuff up to long on there do they?????

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Not if it goes against their ideology.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 am

Little wonder that public anger is reaching boiling point.
Me thinks much emphasis on "reaching" is the most interesting thing...not long now :)