CAPITA FIRM UP IN LONDON

Topical debate
Crowsanwra

CAPITA FIRM UP IN LONDON

Post by Crowsanwra » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 am

Have got forms today from a crowd up in London about council benefits called capita who our council have given all our detales too. If we dont fill out the form and give it back our benefits are stopped. I dont agree but we have too or else no benefit they say. So how do we mannage now? Private firms have now got our detales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the rights to put up our taxes then????

P_Trembath

Re: CAPITA FIRM UP IN LONDON

Post by P_Trembath » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 am

Fill it out in Cornish!
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

1. Capita has no power to do this. Your billing agent is Cornwall Council, and no other.

2. If your personal details have been passed to a private company without your written consent, then Cornwall Council must surely have done so in direct breach of the Data Protection Act. As all these "official capacity" people now love to address you in terms of threats, then threaten them back. I'd say you're perfectly entitled to take legal action in this regard.

3. Write to Cornwall Council and tell them that, although you will be perfectly happy to deal with a properly appointed Council officer, you reserve the right to refuse to deal with a private company that is not part of the democratic process. Especially a London one! Seek out your local Councillor and tell him/her the very same thing.

4. If Capita telephone you and identify themselves as Capita, put the phone down immediately. According to reports, they're using a "lie-detector" device to identify stresses in your voice that they will interpret as part of a lie, and then penalise you accordingly. Why should stress in your voice denote a lie? Many other things can cause it. Surely the knowledge that some Big Brother is using such technology against you is cause alone for stress? Such devices are still not recognised in a court of law, and should be recognised nowhere else, either.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm

And, as Paddy suggests, fill out all "official" forms in Cornish. Use whatever spelling system suits you. The greater the variety, the greater their confusion! Don't worry about grammatical correctness, either. For the same reason.

tean

Post by tean » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm

What annoys me is the media keep calling the 25% discount for a single occupier a "benefit". It is nothing of the sort as it is just making the Council Tax a little bit fairer. Band A in Penwith has a tax of £949.74. A single occupier will pay £712.30, however consider that two adults living in a band A property would only be paying £474.87 each.

I have only given Capita my mobile number as I don't receive a signal where I live, that'll teach 'em!

Crowsanwra

Post by Crowsanwra » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Well Im glad others have had this letter as well. We get a allowance on council tax and shall have to fill it out but we have a dictionry in Cornish and shall do that. I had a nother letter from the Tele lisense ppl as well. They get chucked str8 into the bin! i see on this is anything but Cornwall they are at it again over tele licences. We dont pay but when it comes to capita we got to fill out the form I suppose!

1100 people caught they say. Better fit they never let the license ppl in and never said nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/1100-pe ... story.html