Half Cornish

Looking for your Cornish roots, long lost friends/family or just other people with the same family name then try here.
Hen

Post by Hen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:16 am

I was wearing some new shoes on the weekend. I was trying to break them in for work. As a result, I now note that my left foot has developed a callus. So can I now call my feet half corn'ish?

Boom-tish

Penwithian_in_California

Post by Penwithian_in_California » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 am

nige999
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 01:16 AM

when you can be away for a day or a week and still call it home.

Tend to agree with you on that.

Perhaps we can call ourselves Cornish if we're born in Kernow and value our roots (however far down the generations they go). Furthermore, we value our specific experience of life there and all of things which represent Cornwall and 'Cornishness'. And when we leave Kernow - for however long that may be - we know and acknowlede that it remains that one place on Planet Earth where we know we most belong, because spirtitually, we remain Cornishmen.

TheElvenLord

Post by TheElvenLord » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:36 pm

I just say , anyone born this side of the tamar (aka.south) is a cornishman. I do not agree with the stannators.My family is from Ireland originally , both sides , but the ones born this side of the tamar still say we are cornish.Not English, not Irish , and Im not sure about the other 4 ( out of 5 of us born in cornwall), but if it came to choosing Ireland or Cornwall , it would be Cornwall 100%.I was born here , lived here all my life and i am ALL FOR CORNWALL.

I even favour the Cornish tartan over irish.I am , at this moment , experimenting with how to put 2 or more tartans on a kilt , so i can ave my Family tartan , aswell as the Cornsih National.

Anyway , if you were born in cornwall , you are a cornish man , even if you are not , if you are 100% loyal to cornwall , willing to learn the language and living here/has lived here , then i consider you as a cornishman
TEL

(PS. If you are intrested on how the kilts going , chech in my Thread here : module-pnForum-viewtopic-topic-2734.htm)