Maternal Grandfather

Looking for your Cornish roots, long lost friends/family or just other people with the same family name then try here.
Felicia

Post by Felicia » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:47 am

I've been doing genealogy research for the past six months. I've discovered that my maternal grandfather is of Cornish heritage. His parents were born in Michigan (a mining state). And his grandparents were from Cornwall and their parents, and their parents, and so forth. I am now fascinated with discovering my Cornish roots! My ethnicity is interesting. My father is Filipino-American. My mother is of English, Scottish, Cornish and German ancestry. My English side hits into the Plantagent Royal line. Basically, I have a mixture of oppressed and oppressor in my blood line. I would love to learn Cornish. Do you think there are Cornish language classes in San Francisco, California?

Hen

Post by Hen » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:03 am

You might try contacting the University of California.

They have a Celtic Studies division, although I could not find a language component on-line, they may have one or may be able to point you in a direction that will assist.

Kattell

Post by Kattell » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:33 am

Kernewek gre lyther (KDL) is a Cornish correspondance courses. First lesson is free.

http://www.kdlcornish.freeserve.co.uk/