Le Breton Connection & Ancestors

Looking for your Cornish roots, long lost friends/family or just other people with the same family name then try here.
Rferau

Post by Rferau » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:59 pm

G'day Folks,
I am a new member to this whole forum and feeling my way around.

I have a deep and abiding interest in Family History and have spent 15 years delving. This has brought me to Cornwall information on several occasions and has led to some brick walls. I have other families than what I have listed below, through other famly trees that I am researching, but I will save them for the future.

The names, in my family tree, that are prominent in the connections, directly to Cornwall are Francis Le Breton/Elizabeth Penrose who married in Redruth on 2 Dec 1762 and Thomas Le Breton/Ann Thomas who married in Truro on 22 Oct 1806.

I have the lineage of Francis Le Breton way back and Elizabeth Penrose's ancestry as far back as it has been possible for researchers in Cornwall to track them. There MAY be additional information that has surfaced since last I received data.

Francis was an Uncle to Thomas, so I have his information as well. For Ann Thomas, I only have her parents as George Thomas/Ann Symons and would like to get further back on this line, if anyone can help.

Lastly, for some reason, I believe that there was a connection between the Jersey Le Bretons and Cornwall. If anyone has any information on the basis of this connection, I would be MOST grateful if they could correspond with me.

Thanking all of you in anticipation of a response. I hope that all are enjoying the best of health and spirits, as I am.
Happy Hunting ;-)
Arthur Harris.
Hampton Park.
Victoria.
Australia.