New Rugby club venue

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
TolskithyTribune

Post by TolskithyTribune » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 pm

GROUND MOVE - THE DREAM ONE STEP NEARER TO REALITY

An Extraordinary General Meeting ( EGM ) of the Club held at Redruth School on Monday evening HAS OVERWHELMINGLY AND RESOUNDINGLY SUPPORTED THE MOVE. Those for 168, against 9.

Am i missing something here? The report seems to suggest that the club WILL move, that housing WILL be built on the recreation ground!

Is'nt it up to the local council to decide whether they think these ideas should get planning approval? Has someone secrety decided that building houses on the recreation ground is ok, that the farmland at Tolgus should be developed? I thought the idea years ago was to keep this area green?

Can developers just decide to do a deal and swap land?

GeorgeBeevor

Post by GeorgeBeevor » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:58 pm

I don't know Redruth to well, but I would be suprised if this got planning permision because as I understand it, there are plenty of brownfield sites in the area.

Contrary to popular belief, the only area of the Rec that would be considered brownfield is the area around the stand.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it comes off, but a lot of assumptions appear to be being made.

CK

Post by CK » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:09 pm

Come on lets be realistic any developer offering to build a £5 million new stadium as part of a land swap will most definately have all bases covered with the planning commitee

TolskithyTribune

Post by TolskithyTribune » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:21 pm

Thats a good point CK! But you may not be aware but plans for the area are currently being made available for public consultation and this proposal does not appear there! So if the planners have already given the developer the go-ahead (albeit on an unofficial basis) is there any point in going through a CON-sultation process or is it just a charade?

GeorgeBeevor

Post by GeorgeBeevor » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:23 am

CK, what you are saying makes perfect sense, however I have been involved in similiar cases where they have not had.

CK

Post by CK » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:47 pm

1st thing Tolskithy Tribune: -
The consultation is at the hands of CPRURC not KDC and that is merely there vision. Do you remember two years ago they had a big exhibition and massice brochures for there key projects for the area, most of those were supposed to have started by now but obviously have not.

2nd thing George: -
Percy Williams and Sons have a controlling interest in most of the land that the regeneration plans cover. Land such as Holmans Rock Drill Factory, Barncoose Hospital and Treleigh Industrial estate. There is no way that they would have gone has far down the road has they have without checking out the probability of planning permission first.

3rd thing: -
If you watch Emmerdale, Eric Pollard is pretty accurate for a councillor, of you get my drift

GeorgeBeevor

Post by GeorgeBeevor » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:14 pm

CK, I don't watch Emmerdale, I am a councillor and I do get your drift.

CK

Post by CK » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:39 pm

Hope you're one of the few rather than the many then

TolskithyTribune

Post by TolskithyTribune » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:48 pm

Hmmm CK are you telling me that Kerrier no longer controls planning??

I dont think this proposal was in the dear old vision strategy or action plan!

T

Post by T » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:50 pm

I have been wondering about this little venture myself, it seems that you can never work out just who's getting what and who is not.

It appears that it is all down to some consortium but who are the companies? how much are they to make? and what could the club gain if they could see the profits that are to be made from this deal? and how about the people of redruth?

This could be a good thing for all.

I would like to go and take alook at what is on offer, however if I try to question or film any event to do with this kind of thing I end up down the police station or I get this type of bullshit responce,

I am contacting you on behalf of English Partnerships regarding the
consultation event we have organised on 12 and 13 May in Camborne. The
consultation is being hosted by English Partnerships to inform the
people
of Camborne about the regeneration proposals for the former CompAir
Holman
site. I attach a copy of the press release I issued last week for your
information.

You are welcome to attend the event but I cannot grant you permission
to
film it or any members of the public in attendance. To do so without
first
obtaining the permission of every individual concerned would be a
breach of
the Human Rights Act and the Data Protection Act.

If you would like to discuss any of this please call me on 07979 516

Kind regards,

Judith Hewitt
PR Executive, Southern England

Is this censorship?

t

CK

Post by CK » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:24 am

Hmmm CK are you telling me that Kerrier no longer controls planning??

Pretty much, so far any proposal backed by CPR has had no objections raised by KDC.

The best example is the link road around the back of Barncoose. The first scheme which included capping one of croftys ventilation shafts was passed with no problems despite objections raised by Baseresult (The mines owners). Whatever anyones feelings on the mine, croftys tin reserves are among the largest in the world and the whole mining sett is classified by the County Council as a strategic mineral resource. As such any scheme that would potentially sterilise that resource cannot be granted planning permission.

In the instance of the road, planning was granted. Crofty raised an appealand as soon as CPR bought a lawyer in, the scheme was immediately revised rasther than going to appeal because it was obvious the mine would win.

The 1st question is this: -Why did CPR who employ planning consultants on massive wages go ahead with the scheme in the 1st place, when the planning guidance was perfectly clear that planning could not be granted.

The 2nd question is this: - Why did KDC rubber stamp the scheme against advise from their own planners who told the councillors that permission should not be granted due to the mine?

In other words CPR appear to have taken over the planning process from the planners at Kerrier and for whatever reasons the council appears to rubber stamp their proposals