I havent laughed so much in years

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:48 pm

I've been watching the football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curnow

Post by Curnow » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fantastic Cledry! :D :D :D :D :D

Well done Portugal

Freekernow

Post by Freekernow » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:01 pm

Great great news - well done Portugal !!! Did you see the English footballers faces - a picture indeed. I'm celebrating ! Feel sorry for the police in Germany tonight though - still a bit of English hooliganism will only confirm what I've always said about the English and their blood banner !!!! I am so happy !

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:04 pm

There they went, there they went, there they went...........

Part of me wishes I was in Wetherpsoons right now :lol:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:08 pm

Euro 2008 will be the next excuse for the Saxons to get their flags out again - IF they qualify. If that happens, do as I have done this time round - refuse to do business in any shop or pub displaying English nationalist symbols.

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Good idea Marhak, i have already started by not using Rowes the Bakers, who by the way made their employees wear English clothing during this World Cup. So i ask all of you to do the same, and let them know. Berrymans is one that didn't fly that Flag, so do your buisness with them if they have a shop near you, also let them know why. There are many shops in Camborne that flew it, and I for one will not shop in them again.
As for the Football, well i watched the best so far in France tonight. Beating Brazil was no easy thing with their side. Still you gotta love the English being out AGAIN.

Settler

Post by Settler » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:12 am

A hypothetical question.....

Suppose there was a gifted young Cornish player who made his way up through the youth teams etc to become a professional at a premier club.

He then gets selected for the national side (England) - what would you lot (the anti-English element) expect him to do ??

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:24 am

Play for Wales instead - or Scotland. Andy Reed did just that for the rugby side.

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:31 am

Ah but that's different as Wales have a decent rugby team. Their football team is crap so in the hypothetical question I would expect that, like Nigel Martyn, he would choose to play for England, at least he would have a better chance of playing in major tournaments than the other home nations.

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:00 am

Kenwyn, I suppose it has to do with your own personal views, but just because a person like Nigel Martyn played for England. That does not mean that we have to follow or support them. I for one can never support a Country who still deny the Cornish their basic Human Rights, period. Marhak was nearly right, Andy Reed was of Scottish decent, but Colin Laity, pure Cornish, played for Wales.

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:31 pm

You are right in the respect that it is a personal view however if the hypothetical player in question had the talent and the ambition and was selected then I'm sure he would want to play on the top stage and would go where that was possible.

And by the way nowhere have I said that you or anyone else has to support England just because they have a Cornishman playing for them.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:09 pm

Anyone seen any cars waving the Butcher's Apron today? No, neither have I, and the staff in the St Just Co-op were busy taking all theirs down. Like I said - part-time "patriots".

Some Sunday papers even have the nerve to claim that the stamp on Ricardo Carvalho's testicles by England's pocket thug Rooney was "accidental", and that the referee was wrong. It was only worth a yellow card, they whine. The slow motion replay revealed all - the deliberate glance down to see exactly where the little toad was going to plant his studs was there for even the blindest Saxon journalist to see. And as for the penalties - these are vastly overpaid professionals. The goal is 24 feet wide by eight feet high. It takes a well-struck ball one third of a second to hit the net - the goalkeeper has less than that time to react as well as choose the right direction (no keeper gets "sent" the wrong way). I suggest they all face a pay cut - to national average earnings, except that the shops will miss the shopping sprees of the footballers' gold-digging females.