WELL DONE PORTUGAL !!!!!

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:27 pm

PS Why do some Cornish people support England when
a) we're not English
b) they've already got 45 million potential supporters
c) they're crap

Why not stick with the fellow small nations?

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:34 pm

You go on carrying your hate and bile around with you if you call that intelligence. I and all those in the Penzance clubhouse yesterday are just as good Cornishmen as you are.....

It's not anything to do with hate and envy it's total frustration and a sadness that so many Cornish people like those in the Pirates club room are taken in by an anglocentric education system when these days there is so much more resources given over to Cornwall's past and so many opportunities to find out the facts. I can honestly say that I was taught nothing at school in St Ives of Cornish or wider British history,but a lot about the English monarchy, the Romans, The Anglo Saxons, and the Normans. My parents and grandparents would have got the same anglocentric view of history they would have remained ignorant of Cornwall's history or even a wider British history. If it's possible to pass on ignorance then that's what would have happened. I count myself lucky that my mother happened to go to school in the 1920s just at a time when there was a blip in the system - she was taught about the Cornish language and could still recite some of it 30/40 years later and passed that knowledge on to me and thank goodness she did , because by the time I went to school we were back to the post war era of Anglocentricity (disguised as British pride). It's ridiculous to tar anyone that is trying to counteract ignorance as being full of hate and bile - it's rather immature political outlook you're showing kenwyn.

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Well said Porthia, my sentiments exactly. The Cornish position is now widely known, and it is down to the sheep to continue to follow the Anglocentric position. I do not hate the English, I feel sorry for them, as I feel sorry for those Cornish who cannot see outside of the lies and distortions propagated by the English Establishment. God gave Man a Brain to use, and it is a pity that most do not. The English are the Enemy of Celtic Freedom, simply because they are one of the main antagonists of Celtic supression, thats a fact, there are no feelings of hate there. I do not hate a Lion because he kills, it is his nature.
As for Rugby or Sport of any kind, I support Cornwall first, England last, simply because England is the Enemy of Cornish Rights and Freedom. Quite simple really, even to one such as yourself Kenwyn. So when I call you a Traitor, it is because you support the Enemy of our Country. What would you call it ?

Pfishwick

Post by Pfishwick » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:37 pm

The English are the Enemy of Celtic Freedom, simply because they are one of the main antagonists of Celtic supression, thats a fact,

England is the Enemy of Cornish Rights and Freedom.

Angof, my old fruit, that's simply not right. More than a few English people (including me) support greater freedom or even independence for Kernow, other Celtic countries, and anywhere else for that matter.

Cornwall needs all the help it can get to hold on to its culture, given the brute financial firepower of London and the SE (based on international capital) which seems intent on buying it out. You don't want to be alienating folk from England who might be sympathetic to the cause.

Incidentally, supporting anyone playing against England seems a good idea given the crap performance of the English teams. Poor quality sport deserves contempt - and this is an Englishman saying it.

Nos da,

Patrick

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:48 am

So what should I do this afternoon then angof, I am going to see the team I support, the Cornish Pirates play LONDON Welsh in an English League game.

According to you the Cornish Pirates are traitors and lack intelligence because they play in the English league against English teams. What to make of the team they are playing today? A Welsh side has the name of England's capital city of London. I guess they must be traitors and quislings too in your book. So who would you support today then?
A Cornish side or the Welsh one?

You go on carrying your hate and bile around with you if you call that intelligence. I and all those in the Penzance clubhouse yesterday are just as good Cornishmen as you are. I certainly don't want to live my life consumed with hatred or envy of anyone and as long as Cornwall does not have it's own rugby team I will, like 99% of Cornish rugby fans, support England.

Well said, they really are quite sad little individuals. Supporting England doesn't make you less Cornish, it might make you less bitter and twisted, but it doesn't make you less Cornish. I expect Phil is very proud to represent England (as I would be), as he would be to represent Cornwall (as I would be) if I were good enough at anything.

There’s plenty on here that could represent Cornwall at moaning and sniping at the nasty old imperialist English, but that’s not an internationally recognised sport yet. Maybe they could petition for this when they try and get Cornwall in to the next Olympics, and as this is in the capital of the old enemy the imperialist oppressor that is England it might have a bigger impact.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:19 pm

There’s plenty on here that could represent Cornwall at moaning and sniping at the nasty old imperialist English, but that’s not an internationally recognised sport yet.......

Very good fancybrew :) Deep down we know you feel guilty about not knowing more about your heritage and allowing youself to be duped all these years. BUT never mind it's happened to us all at times. :wink:

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:19 pm

Angof, my old fruit, that's simply not right. More than a few English people (including me) support greater freedom or even independence for Kernow, other Celtic countries, and anywhere else for that matter.

Patrick, when I say the English, I am not having a go at all of the English, it is mainly at the Establishment. I know very well that there are many good English out there, as there are bad Cornish. So on to Fancy :-)

Well said, they really are quite sad little individuals. Supporting England doesn't make you less Cornish, it might make you less bitter and twisted, but it doesn't make you less Cornish. I expect Phil is very proud to represent England (as I would be), as he would be to represent Cornwall (as I would be) if I were good enough at anything.

There’s plenty on here that could represent Cornwall at moaning and sniping at the nasty old imperialist English, but that’s not an internationally recognised sport yet. Maybe they could petition for this when they try and get Cornwall in to the next Olympics, and as this is in the capital of the old enemy the imperialist oppressor that is England it might have a bigger impact.

You still cannot get your head out of Englands butt huh Fancy. Bitter I might be about how Cornwall is treated, but twisted I leave to you. Your sad and pathetic attitude to a just cause is beyond contempt. As is your sad and pathetic attacks o People who have a right to condemn what has and is happening to Cornwall and the Cornish. You believe that Phil Vickery and yourself have the right to be proud to play for England, so what of the right of People who don't see it that way ? As per normal you criticise others and you are exactly the same, but you are too blind to see that, or too stupid, whichever cap fits.
Lastly People moan when there is a reason, not just because they want too. One day when your head finally comes from that English butt, you might see enough to make a reasonable response. Even then I have my doubts.

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 pm

You can believe what you want, just like you can continue to live in the past and drone on about things that happened hundreds of years ago. But it is nice to know that people like you are in the minority, and the vast majority of Cornish people don’t share your backward looking, insular views, and don’t drone on about the English and blame them for all of your ills.

Frenchie

Post by Frenchie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:08 pm

You can believe what you want, just like you can continue to live in the past and drone on about things that happened hundreds of years ago.........

It's not so much the individual events that took place a long time age. It's the fact that those events form part of a long standing policy of England regarding Cornwall's right to exist as a pre-english nation. A policy that is still in place today; it just follows different procedures based on what it can get away with in this day and age.

Angofbew

Post by Angofbew » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 pm

You can believe what you want, just like you can continue to live in the past and drone on about things that happened hundreds of years ago. But it is nice to know that people like you are in the minority, and the vast majority of Cornish people don’t share your backward looking, insular views, and don’t drone on about the English and blame them for all of your ills.

You really are a moron, aren't you Fancy, also quite stupid. You don't know me at all, yet you have the nerve to classify me. Who the hell do you think you are?
For your information, I do not live in the past, I live today and for the future, but History does teach us things which we should take note of. When a quote is needed from the past then it can and will be used, only a fool would say this is living in the past, some aspects of History are relevent today. Also I am not Insular, I believe that Cornwall has a lot to learn and to teach others. You show your ignorance by using the same old rubbish churned out by the Morons and their servants over numerous years. The same old rubbish that has time and again been disproved, but hung on to by the Rats of a sinking Ship.
Yes I may be in a minority of the Cornish People, but that only shows that very few of them have cast off the Yoke of English Servitude. I feel sorry for them and you, but then it must be nice and safe in that Little World of Make Believe that you live in.
History shows that your English Masters have one of the worst records in History, even you cannot change that. I accept that it has happened, what I don't want is for it to continue. I want a free and forward moving Cornwall, what you stand for and support is the one that is holding Cornwall back. You need to wake up and see the Tree's through the Wood.
I come in here to voice an opinion, tha same as every other Person here. Then when you get it wrong and you are corrected, then you come back and make the same errors, it so reminds me of why I never became a Kindergarden Teacher. I have come to realise that no matter how often Posts like those above are pointed out to you, you still cannot see. I do really feel sorry for you Fancy, it must be hard to be so stupid in a modern World.

Pfishwick

Post by Pfishwick » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:55 pm

Patrick, when I say the English, I am not having a go at all of the English, it is mainly at the Establishment. I know very well that there are many good English out there, as there are bad Cornish.

Meur ras (without irony) Angofbew, that's cool 8)

Nos da,

Patrick

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:51 am

You really are a moron, aren't you Fancy, also quite stupid. You don't know me at all, yet you have the nerve to classify me. Who the hell do you think you are?
For your information, I do not live in the past, I live today and for the future, but History does teach us things which we should take note of. When a quote is needed from the past then it can and will be used, only a fool would say this is living in the past, some aspects of History are relevent today. Also I am not Insular, I believe that Cornwall has a lot to learn and to teach others. You show your ignorance by using the same old rubbish churned out by the Morons and their servants over numerous years. The same old rubbish that has time and again been disproved, but hung on to by the Rats of a sinking Ship.
Yes I may be in a minority of the Cornish People, but that only shows that very few of them have cast off the Yoke of English Servitude. I feel sorry for them and you, but then it must be nice and safe in that Little World of Make Believe that you live in.
History shows that your English Masters have one of the worst records in History, even you cannot change that. I accept that it has happened, what I don't want is for it to continue. I want a free and forward moving Cornwall, what you stand for and support is the one that is holding Cornwall back. You need to wake up and see the Tree's through the Wood.
I come in here to voice an opinion, tha same as every other Person here. Then when you get it wrong and you are corrected, then you come back and make the same errors, it so reminds me of why I never became a Kindergarden Teacher. I have come to realise that no matter how often Posts like those above are pointed out to you, you still cannot see. I do really feel sorry for you Fancy, it must be hard to be so stupid in a modern World

How F**king dare you talk to me like that, you're the one resorting to name calling.

You’re quite entitled to your opinion, it’s the constant blaming of other people and the English in particular that gets my goat.