WELL DONE PORTUGAL !!!!!

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 pm

.....it’s the constant blaming of other people and the English in particular that gets my goat.

As far as I'm concerned it's nothing to do with individual English people, it's the English mindset, which some would call a British mindset (but I they are not the same), which refuses to accept that it can't be other than superior to other national groups, cultures, ways of life. It's very difficult to see if you are acquiescent to this mindset. It's only when you start viewing things from 'outside the box' that you really notice this.

So it's not surprising fancybrew that your goat is got up when you see people arguing against all those things that you stand for without realising that you have been part of, like thousands and thousands of others in Britain, the big manipulation.

Frenchie

Post by Frenchie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:02 pm

So it's not surprising fancybrew that your goat is got up when you see people arguing against all those things that you stand for without realising that you have been part of, like thousands and thousands of others in Britain, the big manipulation.

Just simple things for example, like any representative of the Crown - HM customs, Crown prosecution Service, english heritage etc - cannot legally set foot in Cornwall without the permission of the Stannary Parliament. Although this is a legal situation which the UK Gov cannot prevent, they simply ignore it and do as they please.

Such examples as this are just one of many things that, even when all the evidence is presented, British people find it too incredulous to accept.