Cornish International Sport

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:00 pm

Demat, penaos 'mañ kont?

Hello, how are you doing?

Just some ideas and thoughts that have occurred to me that i would like to share with you for the benefit of your excellent venture.

Firstly

As i am sure you are aware, if successful, Cornish International Sport would give a huge boost to Cornish national identity and be a big step in the general recognition of Cornwall being a Celtic nation.

As such you have adversaries in all walks of life and many a British institution who will go out of their way to scupper your ('our' i say as a Cornishman) aspirations.

In such circumstances it is worth studying cases of other small nations that have tried to express there sporting natures and the methods used by the central state and other organisations to try and stop them.

One such circumstance is the Breton 'National' Football team. None of the "French" regions have football teams only the cities. However the cunning Bretons created a Breton Football Association, a Breton Team and even organised some international matches with the likes of Cuba and Cameroon.

At the end of the day only the Brittany V Cameroon game was played but the story is not over and efforts are still afoot to organise more matches.

The Breton Football Association can be contacted at : http://bfa.ifrance.com/bfa.htm

The BFA's story may well contain important lessons for CIS indeed they may be worth contacting in the spirit of Celtic cooperation.

Secondly

Why not make the CIS movement a showcase, in some way for traditional Cornish sports such as Cornish Wrestling and Hurling and maybe even not so traditional sports like Surfing (just an idea).

Lastly

Have you contacted the Duchy to see if they would support you, you never know and if Charles did put in a few positive words it could make all the difference.

Gwellañ gourc'hemennoù

Regards

FLB

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:59 pm

Sent the above message to the CIS site but it got returned.

Abieuan

Post by Abieuan » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:14 am

Fulub wrote;

One such circumstance is the Breton 'National' Football team. None of the "French" regions have football teams only the cities. However the cunning Bretons created a Breton Football Association, a Breton Team and even organised some international matches with the likes of Cuba and Cameroon.

Last week Galicia played an international football match against Uruguay - and won 3-2 !