Cornish Sharks Players did Cornwall proud in Las Vegas .

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Coach

Post by Coach » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 pm

As Head coach of the Cornish Sharks American football team, I'm proud of the Cornish Players that went and played in the minor league hall of fame game in Las Vegas USA . from the 5th to thew 12th of dec 2006.
This has showed the agents and scouts that there are American football players in Cornwall. to see the Cornish Flag raised before the game was a hugh buzz.
the two Cornish players were Andy Dixon the Rugby player for the Newquay Hornets, and Danile Hills from Newquay, the other Sharks players came from Devon,
Andy impressed many of the coach's as he has only been playing for 6 months. I,m glad to announce that the Cornish Sharks have been asked again to send players to the game in Dec 2007 in Las Vegas.
if your up for it then come along to the Team training camp on the 14th of Jan 2007.

Frenchie

Post by Frenchie » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:49 pm

the two Cornish players were Andy Dixon the Rugby player for the Newquay Hornets, and Danile Hills from Newquay, the other Sharks players came from Devon,

So why is it called the Cornish Hornets? :)

Penwithian_in_California

Post by Penwithian_in_California » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:55 am

This has showed the agents and scouts that there are American football players in Cornwall

Most Las Vegasians will be about as familiar with Kernow and St. Piran's flag as most Californians are. The California Cornish Cousins and people of Grass Valley (North Eastern California) are the exception to this, since they have reason to know differently. But kudos for making it over and raising some curiocity - at least - about Kernow and Cornishmen. Unfortunately, for the most part, we're still all grouped as 'Englishmen', rather than a minority people from the British Isles. I take issue with people almost on a daily basis about this.

Penwithian_in_California

Post by Penwithian_in_California » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 am

Superbowl day here today. Best day of the year for freeway driving and supermarket shopping!

Hunlef

Post by Hunlef » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:08 am

and, let's face it, American football is the biggest pile of shite on the planet - even the Canucks only need three downs before they're bored!

Magnificent quote from the 'Bard' Stonefly - I didn't know they played American football in his day!