truro city

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon May 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Well done, Truro City (and this from a former Falmouth Town player!!!) You've made history and made it a hat-trick for Cornish sports clubs. First, the Pirates and then Mount's Bay winning their finals at Twickenham, then City winning the FA Vase at Wembley (I think the first properly competitive game at the new stadium - others have only been friendlies). The three of you have put Cornish sport well and truly on the map.

You also played the match in the best of spirits. Despite going 1-0 down, in a daunting place like nothing you'd ever played in - and in front of the biggest crowd you've played in front of - fought to the end, and only one booking in the whole match (and that given to a Totton player). In fact, well done to both teams for that.

But, how disgraceful that neither the local BBC nor ITV saw fit to show such an historic match, either live or in highlight form. All we saw were the goals on the local news.

Trevergy

Post by Trevergy » Mon May 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Well done Truro City.......but disgraceful merchandising. Scarves with the English flag on, from "Cornish" supporters!! CORNISH NOT ENGLISH please. Kernow bys vyken.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 pm

I know there were cameras there, Troll. How else could they shown us the goals? What I meant was that local BBC or ITV could have shown the match either life or as highlights in a special programme. Instead, nix, nil, nada. When you think of how historic an occasion it was, the failure of our local TV companies to show the match was a bloody disgrace.

Carlton TV couldn't even acknowledge the fact that Truro City was a Cornish club. "Great news for the Westcountry!" they bleated.

I suppose they'll produce a DVD to be sold at some inflated price.