Redruth off to a flying start

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:21 pm

Yes congrats to the Reds and also the Pirates!

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:48 pm

Although not quite a disaster on the level of the recent earthquake, last night's fire at the Reds ground was a bit of an unfortunate thing to happen particularly on a Friday before a match. I'm sure they will have many offers of a pitch on which to play tomorrow's game, but what a bit of a hassle to sort everything out at such short notice. Redruth must be top of the league table at least in Cornwall now for the number of substantial fires it's had over the years. But anyway good luck to them in sorting things out for tomorrow and the future and let's hope to see a good winning score against Orrell.

Since writing the above I see they are using the Redruth ground for the match - "Following the fire at the Club overnight, Redruth RFC confirm that Saturday's game against Orrell WILL TAKE PLACE. Kick-off 3pm. There has been significant damage to the Clubhouse and part of the stand. A marquee will be erected from where drinks can be purchased. The dressing room and top bar area are largely undamaged. http://www.redruthrfc.com

Ruckinred

Post by Ruckinred » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:23 pm

It begs the question if the part of the stand damaged will be re-built whilst Redruth, decide about re-location to Togus Mount?

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:18 pm

Oh no ruckinred your not trying to get us suspicious particularly after all that debate some months ago between those who think the Reds need a new ground and the traditionalists who want to stay where they are? Tell me I've read too much into your comment. :-)

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:12 pm

WELL DONE REDRUTH v Stourbridge (first away win this year!!)
and
LAUNCESTON v Orrell

As you can see good crowd followed the Reds up.