Cornish Pirates

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
CK

Post by CK » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:25 am

Hey stonefly are you stupid or something, if the pirates go back to the Mennaye where are Mounts bay going to play? Just grow up a bit!

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:14 pm

It was not a knock on by Hilton because the ball hit his chest and rebounded in front of him, the ref indicated immediately to play on, Hilton then picked up the ball ran through the Otley defence and slipped the ball inside for Barratt to score.

As for DB well he is playing in English rugby as the league the Pirates are playing in is the English National League Division 1.

Gerens

Post by Gerens » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:37 pm

If you had the choice, would you prefer a cornish team in the English Premiership, or the Celtic League?

As a Welshman and a rugby fan, I think it would be fantastic to have a Cornish region represented in the Celtic League.

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:13 pm

Most defeinitely a Cornish team in the English Premiership. The rugby is much better overall (Munster, Scarletts excepted), the crowds are certainly much higher than the Celtic league and it's so much easier for the travelling support to get to games. Plus there is a lot more TV exposure in the GP meaning more sponsorship could be attracted.

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:06 pm

As a Pirates fan I want to see them playing in the best league possible and at the moment, whether you like it or not Ian, that is the Guiness Premiership. You obviously have no thought for the fans when you say my reasons for staying in the English league are cheap. Sod politics for once choose the best option for both the Pirates and the fans. How many fans from the poorest part of the country will be able to afford to go away to Munster, Leinster, Connaught, Ulster, Glasgow, Edinburgh? Give me Plymouth, Exeter or, if we achieve promotion, Worcester, Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, before those long trips in the Celtic league.

CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:08 pm

Regarding Cornish Pirates game against Newbury on Sunday- did Newbury have more Cornish born players than the CP in their team?

No, One Cornish born player for Newbury, Two for Cornish Pirates. The squad has lots of upcoming cornish born talent.