Cornish Pirates

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
K

Post by K » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:50 pm

Well done Pirates (and Argentina :oops: ) !!

CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Gwrys yn ta - an Vorladron Gernewek

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:04 pm

What the hell happened with the game against Otley? :cry: :oops:

But never mind there's always another game. :)

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:16 pm

Gavin Cattle was taken ill just before the game which didn't help. However Otley have always been tough to beat on their own patch. We just have to take it on the chin and keep moving on. After our last loss we won eight games on the trot so all is not doom and gloom. All credit to Otley, they deserved their win.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:20 am

Pirates back in a good spot even if it is an English rugby division :wink: (made up slightly for Scotland loosing on Saturday). Mustn't forget All Blacks and Reds who are also doing well along with Mounts Bay.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:01 am

Sky, a leading global heavyweight broadcaster of live sports, will be providing live coverage of the National Division One club fixture, Cornish Pirates versus Earth Titans, for only the second time in the history of the competition......

Once again, Sky have decided to base their coverage in the West Country hotbed of English club rugby. It is not only a healthy endorsement of the quality of National Division One, but timely recognition of the achievements of the Pirates and the Titans in their quest to earn a seat at the top table of club rugby. ...

and there's me hoping it was going to be played in Cornwall.

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:51 pm

I couldn't honestly believe 'Radio (so called) Cornwall' all this weekend in relation to Launceston v Plymouth Albion and Pirates v Exeter, have been talking about Devon playing Cornwall, or Devon and Cornwall match. Even though both Cornish teams were playing at home I might add.

For goodness sake roll on the time when we have a proper radio station not the wishy washy and banal offering we get from Phoenix 'Phony' Wharf, Truro at the moment.

HeamoorMan

Post by HeamoorMan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 am

1549 said:
There's a spare place going in the Celtic League now that Border Reivers are disbanding. How about it Pirates ?

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sru/corpor ... 60CC914E63

As a Cornishman and a Penzance man at that, and a former Pirate, rightly or wrongly I find it somewhat hard to accept the Cornish Pirates as The Pirates, why?
Well someone mentioned the Celtic League,,yes that would be a good move I think, But I would like to see the name Penzance and Newlyn The Pirates back in the frame,,perhaps the very successfull Mounts Bay RFC Could change its name back to Penzance and Newlyn RFC (The Pirates) The Cornish Pirates carry as they are,, and look at the celtic league,,, or let Penzance and Newlyn RFC Have a go at the celtic league?? As for Mounts Bay RFC,, Rename the Colts side as it used to be some years back,,, back to Mounts Bay Colts RFC, and get some localism back into the clubs...just my opinion,,,, having said that I of course wish them all well, and look forward to future success.....

Trevarth

Post by Trevarth » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Dicky Evans resignation statement here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOPeXTObg

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 am

We, the undersigned, ask the BBC to commit to delivering a rugby highlights programme on one of their channels over the weekend.

We also ask that they give some thought to the programme format and consider some of the following suggestions:

Guest presenters, try of the week, tackle of the week, grass roots rugby coverage, basic ball skills, some of the top Division One teams, other rugby news (player profiles, transfers, Super 14’s etc).

We ask the BBC to appeal to a wider rugby audience and dedicate a regular TV slot at a sociable hour.

While I would like to see a rugular TV slot showing a replay of Cornish team games, the above petition may be of interest to some of you.
Find it at www.gopetition.com