Cornish rugby team results

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 pm

I support Reduth as my local team. Last year I went down to the mennaye twice tempted by the reduction for members of other Rugby clubs to see Bristol & Plymouth. But as I wasn't a PZ&N supporter it was more out of interest than anything else.
This year now I can continue to support Redruth and support The Cornish Pirates. I have been to every home game at Kenwyn. It is a fantastic setup much nicer than the mennaye. Because they have been in MId Cornwall lots of people from not only the west but the centre and the east are now going to watch. Not enough but its important to get behind them. Mounts Bay are now higher than where the Pirates started so at least there is now a credible local team playing at the mennaye. I look forward to seeing Mounts Bay play Redruth in the future. But I wish everyone would get behind the Cornish Pirates and stop being parochial. This is the best cahnce to get top level rugby in Cornwall.

CJenkin

Post by CJenkin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:03 pm

it's a shame you can't support them - as many people from all over Cornwall are joining together to get behind them. Something no single team in any town in Cornwall could achieve.

If Redruth could have done this I would have been delighted. Obviously it is sad to lose a tradition and I undoubtedly would want to see a local team in Redruth playing at the Rec against other town clubs. You are very lucky that you have such a succesful club in Mounts Bay. PZ&N was clearly more important to you than Cornish Rugby. That seems to me to be a parochial view. Personally I think it is always important to Put Cornwall first. Would you have been against the merger of PZ & Newlyn aswell?