Mounts Bay RFC

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:01 pm

:-) Can't really argue against either Ian or yourself Stonefly. Once rugby was the only prominant 'football' game in St Ives. In fact growing up when people were talking about football I thought they were talking about rugby. It wasn't until I was around 12 years old that I saw my first set of soccer posts. My grandfather actually called it football. Never remember him calling it rugby (but he probably used both terms). I suppose with so many "naice" people moving into the town over the years and coming from areas where soccer is "the game" the pool of potential players has diminished somewhat. I have no research based evidence of that of course, just a gut feeling.

Porthia1947

Post by Porthia1947 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:48 pm

No that would be something... and maybe to see them passing both the Bay and Pirates would be something more. :-)

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Now you got porth all excited just to bring him back down to earth with a bump which would flatten a blue whale let alone a hake! :lol:

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:35 pm

79-12 is NOT a good match in my book. A runaway win like that, although pleasing to the eye of the home support, is not a match.

Give me games like last years Pirates v Exeter, Pirates v Albion or this year Albion v Pirates and Pirates v Bedford. All good hard fought games between two teams of equal standing which fans of either side can say, in all honesty, what a game whether their team wins or loses.

That said however well done to MB and keep up the good work!