American Football Back in Cornwall The Sharks are here.

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Coach

Post by Coach » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:20 pm

My name is Coach Brian John Smallworth an I,m the Head Coach of the Cornish Sharks American football team based in Newquay.
We are a new team this year and were looking for any one who is interested in playing American football, we received a lottery grant to cover the costs of the equipment for any new player who want to try out.
we enter the league next year 2007, but this year we have to play 2 games.
Have had a lot of interest from rugby players , as we dont clash with themin there season.
we play april till sept.
so if any rugby players want to keep fit during the summer here's your chance come play american football.

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:30 pm

isn't it just a form of catch?

Lyskerrys

Post by Lyskerrys » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:49 pm

I thought it was hours of setting up in between seconds of play. Give me Rugby Union instead, thanks.

Radar

Post by Radar » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

i have played american football for some time now. Previously i played prop. i turned up for the first session of american footie and i havent looked back since.

remember american football isnt a contact sport its a collision sport!! :twisted:

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:45 pm

its a bleddy dull sport

So-Fyne

Post by So-Fyne » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:02 pm

I am happy to see Cornwall finally recognizing other sports other than European football and rugby. I know alot of men from St. Mawgan including my husband are getting excited to come out and support the Cornish Team. It is about time Cornwall gets recognized for more than just a place to visit and party during the summer. We tried last year to try to get the Guardian to get involved in the Cornwall Basketball league. I have been to many leisure centres across Cornwall and I see alot of youths getting involved. Keeping the kids that aren't interested in the traditional British sports out of trouble. I know my 15 yr old neighbor is all about basketball now. He also has grown to love American Football just as much. We also took him to Ascar in Huntingdon a couple of years ago to see the V-8 powered American race cars. It was just like our Nascar sport back home. He wants to go again this year. Concluding this messege, don't knock American Football until you know the rules and game and also have had a chance to train or play. I know I will be definitely on the sidelines watching! Go Cornish Sharks. :D

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:37 pm

American catch, I have watched and fell asleep, dull isn't the word

Lyskerrys

Post by Lyskerrys » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:03 pm

At least rugby union players can string a sentence together and have a higher IQ than the numbers on their back.... ;-)