American Football Back in Cornwall The Sharks are here.

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
FlammNew

Post by FlammNew » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:42 pm

"anfield4ever" said:
this BORING game. :lol:

You said it. I've been introduced to it already thanks, this fascinating game which packs 30 mins of play into three hours of waiting for the players to decide who stands where while the clock has been switched off. Heaven forfend that the players might have to actually think quickly. If you want me, I'll be levering the top off a tin of paint while waiting for a pot of water to boil.

Anfield4ever

Post by Anfield4ever » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:59 pm

What a highly exciting life you lead "levering the top off a tin of paint while waiting for a pot of water to boil". Are there likeminded individuals like you out there? Your life must be a blast. Just out of curiosity when did you try the game? Must have been exciting to venture outdoors :twisted:

Anfield4ever

Post by Anfield4ever » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:57 am

:shock: OOOHHH Scary! Does that come with a side order of a kick in the ********! On a serious note I am a great fan of rugby, I was merely trying to point out some peoples lack of imagination in describing american football and that they should try it before knocking it! :)

Bucc

Post by Bucc » Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 pm

Newquay has a history with American football. Back in the 80's, two of the top players in the national Budweiser League were men from the Newquay area... Quarterback Ian Manley (top passing statistics in all of the UK) and Running Back David Dodd (Dodd was the toughest player I've ever seen. He ran with a meaness that would intimidate defensive players. On many occasions they would avoid tackling him because he punished them so much.)

If the new Sharks team will be made up of men like them, they will do fine. Take a look at the web page: http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Midfield/3369/