American Football Back in Cornwall The Sharks are here.

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:55 am

im a big dumb football player and its easier for me to read BIG letters pmsl!!

So-Fyne

Post by So-Fyne » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:13 pm

Radar, you are a funny guy. :) If this is the way they feel, so be it. All I know is that the funding has already been put aside and that it has been given a green light. I know I will be there. Little do they know it but American football is played at many of the Universities here in Britain. BTW we do have Cornish Wrasslin in North America. We actually have tournaments for it dear.

So-Fyne

Post by So-Fyne » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:18 pm

http://www.nagaa.org/
As far as Hurling you can check this website out too. At least we recognize England and Welsch sports in America. We don't discriminate just because it is from another country.

Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:20 pm

AWW SHUCKS!! sorry aww shucks!!

Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:25 pm

Hmmmm its gone all silent......

Radar

Post by Radar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:11 pm

turn up and give it a go mate then tell me its boring and the protection stops the pain. newquay sports centre 26th feb 11 oclock.

So-Fyne

Post by So-Fyne » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:02 pm

You know AndyQ I could say the same thing about Rugby..all the men do is push back and forth in a circle for hours at a time, then the ball falls and they pick it back up and pass it to another player. Kind of sounds like an assembly line to me. I still will watch it with the neighbors though. It is very funny to me how much the rugby players I have spoken to from the Plymouth team say how much they would love to play American football. All I can say it just boils down to your taste, but no one should be down talking any sport...American or European or whatever other country. All sports players have earned the right to play somehow someway. Cheers. and have fun watching your team play today. Sorry if I offended you by calling Kernow part of England. Once again I guess if your Cornish you have the right to say that.

Cmaxx

Post by Cmaxx » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Im up for a bit of American Football, can someone please post me some more details please!!! Im 24 from Bodmin, 6ft 5" 18st, I know the basic rules but im no expert, but i can take hits and hit back harder!!!

Coach

Post by Coach » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi cmaxx here's a little more info for you about the Sharks, as head coach I've played and coached for 40 years ,and have been lucky to have been all round the world playing and coaching this fine sport.
The Team have there trials on the 26th of feb at the Newquay sport center.
time 12.30 bring your sweats and boots, you have the size to height to fit in well into our system, the colours of the Team are Las vagas gold helmets, black face cages, black shirts with a white cross on them, las vagas gold pants, white socks and black tops.
with the players that are committed to the team already I know that this will be one of the best Teams I've put together.
as Head coach I've won over 380 games now, 2 nationals championships , 14 div titles. 1 european title, been elected into the minor league hall of fame for the sport in the states.
so as you can see your not going to be coached by some arm chair coach.
see you on the 26th.
:roll:

Cmaxx

Post by Cmaxx » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 pm

Sounds Good, Im definitly interested!!!

How many players are signed up so far and what will be involved at the trials??

My main concern is the fact ive never played the game before and I dont wanna be surrounded by players who know what they are doing and Im slowing them up!!!

Radar

Post by Radar » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 pm

hey troll why dont you come join us in newquay on the 26th of feb.. who did you play for ??

im an ex admiral but now im a shark!!