American Football Back in Cornwall The Sharks are here.

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Radar

Post by Radar » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 pm

hey troll why dont you come join us in newquay on the 26th of feb.. who did you play for ??

im an ex admiral but now im a shark!!

Radar

Post by Radar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:28 am

what was yer team?

Chaz#62

Post by Chaz#62 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:41 pm

Hawking the internet are you again BJS?

Good luck for the trials

Chaz
www.bristolaztecs.co.uk

Fancyabrew

Post by Fancyabrew » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:52 am

I think I wouldn't mind Cornwall getting rid of any interest in that round ball game (sorry fancybrew),

a hell of a lot of Cornish follow football, lots and lots of buses go to Argyle

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:56 pm

Yes I was only having my little joke fancybrew. Must admit I've only watched US football for the few seconds when switching TV channels Stonefly. Anyway all to their own as they say.

It's quite odd that Cornwall has never thought of developing a school of excellence in water sports when we've got so much water on all four sides of us. There generally always somewhere along our coast where you can either find or avoid the wind. However, we seem to plump for the low end of things - catering for seaside fun for tourists which will train people to a standard to take holiday makers on short boat trips two mile along the coast, pull them around on big yellow bananas or look after those little buzzy harbour motorboats. I'm not really having a go at people involved in doing that, just thinking through ideas to use the one big resource we have, which strategically is something worth spending Objective 1 money on.

There is certainly a lot less Cornish people involved in professional marine occupations these days and this would in some ways go towards keeping up a continuity and give us a pool of expertise for anyone to call on and provide an opportunity for Cornish people of all ages to earn a decent wage without travelling outside the country (Cornwall that is).

The vision would be that when UK and even Europe hosted international games of any kind which partly incorporated water sports Cornwall would be one of the first places to be considered, because this is where the expertise and facilities could be found.. The focus would not only be on expertise within water/marine sports though, but all professions with links to the marine environment.

Morgarrow

Post by Morgarrow » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:48 pm

BTW we do have Cornish Wrasslin in North America. We actually have tournaments for it dear.

8) Fair point I would say?????

Thanks for the link to the Interceltic Water Sports site andyQ - I had forgotten about it. Of coursesomething like this could be a springboard to greater things.

Alex1984

Post by Alex1984 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:28 pm

Hey...im going to be coming up next week....what sort of stuff will i need to take with me...sounds like a stupid question but i thought better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers

Kattell

Post by Kattell » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Coming up from where? Beyond Land's End? :lol:

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:31 pm

pair of studded boots and yer sweats.

Thuglife7751@hotmail.com

Post by Thuglife7751@hotmail.com » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:16 am

extremly interested but have only just seen the post ..and trials have been are their anymore trials ??!!!!