Are the powers that be doing all they can to help Pirates?

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Ruckinred

Post by Ruckinred » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:26 pm

I think that it is fair to say that there is a fast growing opinion that both Cornwall County Council and Carrick District Council, are dragging their feet over the Cornish Pirates plans to build a new stadium in the Carrick area. Why?

Are our elected councillors being once again mis-led by the un-elected officers at these councils? I hope that is not the case but I very much fear it is.

If you want this venture to succeed, and I can assure you that when the Harlequins come to Cornwall for their fixture in March, buisness in Truro will do very well indeed and open their eyes to the possibilties, then I would urge One & All to lobby your MP's County Councillors and District Councillors to get affairs moving.

If we lose this chance then we will not forgive lightly those who have let us down.

Lyskerrys

Post by Lyskerrys » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:49 pm

Good market at the moment (I presume you mean Pool?). The lease is running out and Tesco have bought it, apparently to sell cars on.

Ruckinred

Post by Ruckinred » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:11 pm

stonefly....you should check your facts.....Kenwyn was once the home of Truro RFC and also of Truro Cathedral School....which gave us Roger Harris (Penryn, Plymouth Albion, Cornwall, Barbarians), Cornwall's most capped hooker....No history indeed utter tosh!

Waferdanos

Post by Waferdanos » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:53 am

I support the Cornish Pirates and Mounts Bay. Lucky eh! well we are, and the more that turn up to Kenwyn the more money in the pot for better players. I reckon the average gate needs to be up to 4000 and the crowd can wag the dog, council, and anyone else.
Creeping up to 3000. Bring on Exeter.

Ruckinred

Post by Ruckinred » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:05 pm

Why don't you phone the club to find out yourself?