re-locating to cornwall from Essex!

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:21 pm

400k??? Oh well, wash my mouth out :roll: I used the figure of 600k because that's the price of the house next door to me and it in't no mansion. 3 beds, shared living/kitchen/diner.

So, it's back to the question of what you intend to bring to the duchy? You've just come straight in asking us to help you out. Why didn't you spend a bit of time getting to know the site - getting to know the people who use it?

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:33 pm

£600k, that's unbeliveable. Here you would get a lot more so really surprised. Your right I didn't spend time looking at the site. I had a question to ask so asked it. Didn't think I would get this kind of response. If I've offended anyone by asking what it is like to live in cornwall, then sorry, but then isn't this what the site is for? As for what can I bring to the duchy, not sure yet. Me ha ha (only joking) currently help run a mother & todler group.

Kenwyn

Post by Kenwyn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:52 pm

shars,
You could find that Penzance and it's surrounding areas a nice place to live. There are some good schools and the countryside is amazing. It's easy to get to Truro by bus or train if you don't drive and the climate is mild throughout the year. In winter there is a lot of fog and it can feel damp but nothing like the frrezing temperatures you get in Essex. Just avoid Nancledra and you won't find yourself living next door to cledry_maid.

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Fair do's :)
I do get offended when these threads start up. It rubs salt into the wound that is unaffordable housing. Too many people see the place in Summer and think that's it - the sun is always shining and the ice cream flows free. Us happy bumpkins with our rosy cheeks and lazy pace of life lean on the gateposts with a cheery word for all. Then you wake up and realise it's been foggy for the last 6 months, the local school, post office and shop have been shut down and the interest rates have shot up and you're left with a deficit of 50k :D

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:57 pm

Just avoid Nancledra and you won't find yourself living next door to cledry_maid

No, but it still looks like I'm going to be lumped with another pair from essex :roll:

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Fair enough but actually that isn't how i think it will be to actually live in Cornwall. I live in a small village at the moment which is quite slow paced, small school, 1 shop, 1 butchers and 2 pubs. I'm involved in raising money for the school and help out when I can. Weather is fairly shite anyway. Sorry you've not had a good experience living next door to Essex people but believe it or not were not all the same.

Thanks for the advice Kenwyn. I think I will avoid Nancledra though as she dosen't seem very favourable on "outsiders".

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 pm

You're sharp aintcha? ;)

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:06 pm

WHY BOTHER REPLYINF IF I PI$$ U OFF SO MUCH.

Any way night to all as putting kids to bed.

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:09 pm

just like to say you haven't actually given any advice so why reply! Bye!

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:11 pm

Oh dear - the essex girl's starting to shout. It'll be white stilettos at dawn.

I'm replying because the subject pisses me off so much. You don't piss me off - I don't know you.

And I've given you plenty advice. Just not what you wanted to hear :D
Where do I think you should relocate to? Devon ;)

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:59 pm

couldn't resist signing back on again. Whats wrong with white stilettos!!! Your right not what I wanted to hear but it is quite entertaining that I can put your back up so much. Shame we could have had a proper conversation instead of just bitchin. Never mind I wont be living near you so don't worry, just worry about the other essex pair! You never know you may be the best of friends. ha

Shars

Post by Shars » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:01 pm

definately going now, don't loose sleep over it buy the house next door.

Cledry_maid

Post by Cledry_maid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:01 pm

How does someone who is a stranger to grammar manage to find herself in a position where she can buy a 400k house? There is no justice in the world :D